Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
Does anyone know the dash from 2002 Dodge Stratus coupe is compatible for our 3G Eclipse?
This is what the dash look like

Judging from the picture, I can see it looks similar..
What do you guys think...?

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,291 Posts
I`m in agreement with you cool .....it sure does look the same. Take lot`s of measurements .I would hate to see you tear it out only to be disappointed .

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that's a good idea.
I'll head to junkyard when i can and measure it out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
let me confirm what you said.. the dash, front seat, center console, door panel, door lock/bezel will be the same with 01/02 stratus coupe. The only different are the rear seat and carpet..? That is very helpful. The dash on my eclipse is falling apart and it's difficult to find another replacement when i search for eclipse only. Now i can expand to 01/02 stratus coupe for my search..
Thanks....(y)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found some interior pictures for the 01/02 Stratus and they look identical..

even the instrument cluster looks exactly like our 3g..

Shift knob.. center console..

and you're right.. the 03 got an upgrade interior with white face instrument cluster..

Attachments

·
Low and Slow.
1,895 Posts
I've read a little bit in my time here ;).
The Stratus coupe 01-05 and Eclipse 00-05 are mechanically the same. Some variances through the years, but most parts match up. The rear disc conversion on my 01 Stratus coupe came off a 1997 Eclipse even. Stratus coupe is all Mitsubishi.
If you wanted smooth doors you can use the ones from a Stratus coupe, just need to swap out your window glass.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome. I need a dash and bezel where the power window is on passenger side.
Now I can find these stratus at the scrap yard.
Thanks guy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello guys, i’m new and i know it’s an old thread, i just did this today. I installed a 2002 stratus coupe dash in my 03 spyder. i was in the junkyard today and even installed an eclipse dash in the 02 stratus just to make sure. everything lines up with everything to bolt it on. center panel is different though.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,291 Posts
Does anyone know if there was a speedo gauge that had the km/h on the outside and MPH on the inside... The opposite of this.

Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Gauge Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,291 Posts
This is my Speedo gauge and I live in Canada...The MPH is on the outside so like @Murkrow told me the car was sold in Michigan. Does anyone know where I can get the Canadian version...

Motor vehicle Speedometer White Gauge Product

·
Registered
770 Posts
This is my Speedo gauge and I live in Canada...The MPH is on the outside so like @Murkrow told me the car was sold in Michigan. Does anyone know where I can get the Canadian version...

View attachment 45098
Mileage likely won't be exact but a local junkyard to you may have one. You have the older version which I believe changed for the 03 model year and it's auto so you'll need to stick with 00-02 auto clusters.

Otherwise I've seen cluster overlays that cover up the stock numbers/background and could possibly have kmh on the outside. That would likely be your easiest and best route.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts