Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I have a really bad problem and I can’t figure out what it is my girlfriend was driving my car one day normialy and it died at the off ramp and wouldn’t start I got there and a homeless man pushed us and I got my car to start like a push start I don’t k is how but we did and it ran really Badley and it stayed at 3000 rpm no matter how much gas I gave it and it was just going brrrrrrrrr the entire time I didn’t get far it died at a light and I pushed it into the parking lot and got it towed did a compression test and I had 25 60 15 40 so I bought a new head replaced all the gaskets and everything bought now spark plugs new coil packs but in the process of waiting to get it done I lost my keys got it re keyed and coded but still no start I have fuel pressure and power to my coil packs but no spark I also had to change my starter because it was fried I’m reading that it could be my ecu but I just dropped about 1200 on this fix and it didn’t solve my issue the battery was taken out and it reset the computer and I can’t read any of the codes my car has been down for 6 months and I really need it any help is great let appreciated

·
1,114 Posts
I already removed the head and bought a whole new head with gaskets my piston rings are good still
That doesn't mean anything. You don't know the head was the source of your compression issues. How do you know the cylinder rings are still good? Since you know how to measure compression, why not just measure it again so you can maybe eliminate it as a source of your issues? You know it was a problem before, it might still be a problem.

Also, it would help if you attempted to use punctuation in your posts. Its hard to understand what you're trying to say when everything is just one long sentence.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will run another compression test, but what would cause me to not get spark!? That’s what I’m trying to figure out.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Your engine would have never ran or stayed at 3000rpms if your compression was that low. Sounds like either a defective tool or you're not using it correctly. You removed all spark plugs before performing the test? You held the starter for 10 revolutions? And no the rings ARE NOT a common cause of bad compression. Sounds like you have a bad cam or crank sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m telling you I got it off the exit ramp from the highway! I got it push started some magical way and it wouldn’t go past 3000 rpms and it just sounded retarted like brrrrrrrrrr I can’t type out how it sounded other than that. I really feel like it’s my ecu or something, but something’s isn’t right

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well a compression test isn't going to diagnose a no spark problem. Would definitely check out cam/crank sensors. Were you able to read codes before? Is it a manual or auto? Are you sure the code took when rekeyed and programed? Is their a key shaped light on on the dash? Could be an Ani-theft issue, concerning you did have to replace the key.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for everybody input I finialy found my problem it was my anti theft for my key code and as soon as I did it again it started but it had a knock turned out I spun a bearing on top of loosing all my compression in my head so I have a new head now time to fix up the block

1 - 11 of 11 Posts