Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cola
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I just had the passenger side motor mount replaced a couple months ago, and I think It has gone bad once again. I am hearing the creaking like I did the last time it happened. I dont see any tears in the rubber, and the main mount itself looks fine, so I'm not really sure where its messed up.

Also I have been hearing some creaking closer to the rear of the car when I'm in it, kind of like.. when you are slowing letting of the breaks backing up, and you can just hear them creak. I hear this when backing up, and when first pulling forward, and when braking.

Just about a week ago, it started pulling really hard to the left. My first guess was a major air pressure difference in my tires, and they checked out ok. It still pulls hard, I'm not sure what could have caused this to start.. :(

Finally... Around 5k rpm I hear a high pitched whistle. Nothing I can really explain here.. just a whistle like that of your CAI around 2-2.5k rpm.

My TOB is really annoying.. ugh I hate hearing that..

Oh one more... I just noticed this, when pushing in the clutch, I hear a single click, and then I hear it again when I let off. Sometimes I dont hear anything, and sometimes its just when pushing in, or just when letting off.

The car is a 2001 GT MT 85k miles.

Only mods...
CAI
Rims/tires.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Also I have been hearing some creaking closer to the rear of the car when I'm in it, kind of like.. when you are slowing letting of the breaks backing up, and you can just hear them creak. I hear this when backing up, and when first pulling forward, and when braking.
Possibly suspension. I replace the swaybar links a while back and that got rid of a lot of creaking. I couldn't pinpoint the noise, so for $45 I got a diag from Midas and got the parts and did the work myself.

Just about a week ago, it started pulling really hard to the left. My first guess was a major air pressure difference in my tires, and they checked out ok. It still pulls hard, I'm not sure what could have caused this to start.. :(
Could be brakes, could be a bearing or joint seizing

Finally... Around 5k rpm I hear a high pitched whistle. Nothing I can really explain here.. just a whistle like that of your CAI around 2-2.5k rpm.
I've heard a few people complain about this, and usually it either goes unsolved or it's doing no dammage so it goes unfixed. I don't remember what exacly causes it, but I think it's a hose. Have someone rev your engine while you look around.

Oh one more... I just noticed this, when pushing in the clutch, I hear a single click, and then I hear it again when I let off. Sometimes I dont hear anything, and sometimes its just when pushing in, or just when letting off.
Have you filled or flushed the trans? That would be my starting point.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Could be brakes, could be a bearing or joint seizing
QUOTE]

I second that, the car would pull hard to the left, and it made a distintive noise at certain speed normally below 45mph; at the end I had to replace the axle. get it checked out cause it can ruin your transmission

1 - 3 of 3 Posts