Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I might get burned for my buying skills but I bought my car after one test drive and at night and in a rush. None the less I'm happy with it overall. But that aside from what I've read the 2000 GT came with different options. From what I saw in the car thought I had the premium package.
Things I know.
-My car is a manual with a functioning ABS system (I ended up testing it the hard way).
-Leather Seats, sunroof, cruise control, etc.
Things that dont make sense.
-The Pod on the dash only displays only the time nothing else
-I keep reading about traction control and the TCL light that has never popped up on my cluster
-I dont know if I have a fed-spec or a cali-spec car (idk what to look for)
-and thank god for a title for conformation because to top everything off it has an 03-05 bumper with (I'm not joking) amber fogs courtesy of yellow saran wrap for the color Help!!

The SES light is not on and I have scanned for codes just in case. NADA!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I figured it might have something to do with that but I didnt know what was missing so I overlook it at the time

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any thing on the market to eliminate the pod or use it for gauges. The only purpose I've found for having two clocks in the car is setting one fast to keep myself from being late for work

·
Super Moderator
4,777 Posts
hes in miami fl. = fedspec
It doesn't matter where someone lives, I bought mine on the East coast in 2000 and it was a Cali spec car.

if the car is a 2000, its fed.
Sorry, but wrong.

Not sure why the main 3G FAQ is not working correctly, but this thread discusses the difference.

From everything you have mentioned, it sounds like you have a 2000GT with the premium package. (Traction control did not come on these)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Every once in a while I've gotten wheel hop to the point where it feels like the car is bouncing when I wasnt quick or smooth enough with the clucth on a launch. These are the biggest widest rims I've had on any front wheel drive car if that has an affect. I had 245s on a porsche 944 and that was either one chirp and go or a smooth spin till the car caught up with the engine

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Wheel hop is common here =-)
Get a torque damper and poly mounts.
I doubt the car is lowered, so there is more to improve.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I thought traction control was only on the sporty and not the manuals.
I don't have it and don't miss it. When I drive cars at work I turn it off if I am driving hard because it just pisses me off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts