Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realise I'm new and I have found bits and piece to my answers by reading posts but some answers still remain unanswered so I guess Ill just ask in one post and hope to not get bashed as te noob too bad.. Ok so here it goes. I finally got the money to turbo my 4g64 2.4L engine it's on an 02 eclipse RS. First question is what can my stock engine handle "as far as boost" do I need to change out my pistons? What do I need to successfully turbo my car 100%. Here is what I have got so far.. Please let me know if anything I have on this list is too much or what more I need to add to it or if its a wrong item.. Thanks a billion times over in advance
1- eclipse Jdm inter cooler with piping up to 30psi/500hp
1- Jdm t3/t4 turbo 5 bolt outlet
1- cast iron turbo manifold
1- Jdm sport downpipe and mid pipe
1- Freddy type RS bov up to 500hp 25psi
1-Jdm sport oil feed line 36" long 3/8 diam hardware and gasket 1/8 fitting for engine
1-Jdm sport oil return line kit double layered flex hose
1-turbo boost controller
1-Jdm sport 38mm waste gate with hardware
1-12" radiator fan
1-Jdm 52mm boost gauge
1-255LPh high performance electric fuel pump and hardware plus 140psi pressure gauge
4- flow matched 550cc fuel injectors
1-oil can catch reservoir 750ml
1- performance D1 boost-Volt engine turbo chip
1- Greddy e-manager ecu

·
Chuck Nasty
3,855 Posts
dont get that chip, seriously. get a reflash.

also, whats with all the jdmstuff? if you are reading off ebay best advise is to stay away. get a mitsu turbo off evom, autometer gauge or equivilent, get a good intercooler frozenboost.com sells some good stuff

·
Manual Swapped!!
5,977 Posts
PaleHorse just finished building his RS. As I mentioned in the PM I sent you, 3 build just happened and mine is in the works, all of which list all the parts we used.

To boost this car you have 2 options: 1) find a shop that will do it, spend an exuberant amount of money and hope you don't get screwed in the end or 2) do the legwork yourself. That means spend months reading the builds of the past and current ones. Read the stickies in the FI forums, google the principles of a turbo. You need to know what every part is and understand what it does, how and why. There is a lot going on and you need to understand it.

As Insaid in the PM, feel free to ask me questions. However the. Est advice I can give you is stay away from eBay unless you know what your looking for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jdm is a site I found with a package for the t3/t4 turbo.. It's Jdm.com. Is that a bad source.. Is there something better you woul recommend.. Also what can my stock engine safely hold?... As far as psi on pistons and such...

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Chuck Nasty
3,855 Posts
buy a 16g from an evo 8, run 10 psi to start with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool.. Thanks for all the advice.. I'm sure I'll have more questions later! Have a great night!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

1 - 9 of 9 Posts