Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can some please confirm this because myself and others at TGC are wondering.

Is all 5spd transmissions the same from 00 to 05 in rs/gs models?? Or do they change and what is changed?
Thank you.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I believe the RS and GS trims have the same transmissions. They have the same engines...

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you're running a 4G64 motor in a 00 or newer then it's the same transmission. I don't think they changed the programming for the ecu. but as far as the bolt pattern and all they are the same. :bigthumb:

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well I have a 2002 Galant 4G64 and most guys that have done the 5SPD swap in these galants used a 2000 and 2001 transmissions from RS/GS but none of them used a newer transmission and I'm trying to find out why? The reason I ask is because I'm in the process of doing the 5spd swap but unlike them, I want the newest transmission possible for my car. I would like to do a 2004 one but when I was ready to look for one, someone said that they were not the same and that not all 2000-2005 RS/GS 5spds are the same.

·
Kuztom Uzer Tytel
745 Posts
Which gears, and what sensors... I've always just assumed they were the same! This is kinda important to me, as I'm doing the swap soon... I have a 2001 Sporty, and want a 2005 5 Speed w/ ECU. If I get the 05 ECU, or the Evo ECU, would it still throw a code?

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah! like July noob. Do you have a solution or just being a post hore??

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Specifics! I guess you don't know so stop posting! I got that, they are different but what is different?? Gee!

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can some please confirm this because myself and others at TGC are wondering.

Is all 5spd transmissions the same from 00 to 05 in rs/gs models?? Or do they change and what is changed?
Thank you.
You have answered my first question, thank you. Can you answer my second? or not? The reason I have to re-post is because people that fill it up with nonsense, they don't know but just feel the need to answer.

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
the plugs on the sensors, the ecu readings 2000 only works on a 2000 with out throwing a code. You could use any tranny you want, you will just have CEL

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well on 02-03 Galants, you get a CEL no matter what. The solution for that is yet to be discovered. Sorry if I snapped at you but I'm really close to buying one and I need to be 100% sure of what I need to get. Thank you

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
Well on 02-03 Galants, you get a CEL no matter what. The solution for that is yet to be discovered. Sorry if I snapped at you but I'm really close to buying one and I need to be 100% sure of what I need to get. Thank you
its same on eclipses with the CEL, here is the deal as long as all supporting parts come for the same vehicle I see no problem, as in a 2003 tranny, 2003 clutch, 2003 ecu, 2003 axles.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts