Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Wow, just wow. I wonder what kind of tuning and parts go into something like that talk about $$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
3g -> LGT
738 Posts
thats fuckin quick

·
RS rocks!
797 Posts
Holy Shit.. If I have that kind of car, I'm sure I'm going to pee my pants every time I drive it..

·
Previous 3g Owner
1,363 Posts
DEAR GOD! The 2g made the celica look like it was jammed in reverse!

·
Registered
384 Posts
yeah i was at the nopi finals in 06 at norwalk. that car is amazing. it's converted to rear wheel drive. they have a clutch machine, at least thats what the one guy called it, that resurfaces the clutch after every pass. they are a pretty serious team. don't forget tho john shepard isn't too far behind with his talon. i saw him run a 7.77 that same day on the 2.0 motor with a full interior.

·
Lower & Slower
272 Posts
Wow how much boost do they run on that thing? McDzzl I don't know what is about your car, but it is one of my favorites here on 3g.

·
Registered
384 Posts
shep's website says he has a hallman boost controller set to 55psi but im not sure about brent rau's car. the best thing about those guys is they are actually pretty nice guys and very approachable.

thanks for the comments btw

·
Lower & Slower
272 Posts
55 psi, wow, i not to knowledgable on turbo apps, but that seems insane

I have to show this to my dad, who doesn't believe 4 cyl's can even hit 120.

·
Hello :)
4,866 Posts
I have to show this to my dad, who doesn't believe 4 cyl's can even hit 120.
Consider this isn't a stock or slightly modified 4g63 anymore so its a whole different chapter of modding we are talking about

·
I now has Mitsu AWD.
701 Posts
right, and considering a 2.0 I4 is making 1030 rwhp, there's a lot of time, skill, dedication, and most of all $$$ that goes into something like that. that is very impressive to see. i always looked down on 4 bangers being slow and not capable of competing with anything, but the more i watch these vids and read up on these young and old tuners out there, the more i believe that if you got the brains and you got the money, you can make anything happen with a car.

·
Hello :)
4,866 Posts
Well, with a 6 you have more options you can do to the engine. They have more HP as the stock cars but the I4 has more potential in the long run (modding the car).Perfect example would be any cars starting with: Evo, Wrx, even some of the Honda's. Look at all the WRX Rally cars, all of them are 4 bangers and they do 0-60 in 3 seconds !!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts