Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Eclipse gt and i want to swap from the 5 speed to a 6 speed and i was thinking since if the 6g75 can be swapped into our cars why cant the tranny be swapped in but i read that the mounting points are the same but nothing else really is. my whole thing is i can work around and figure stuff out that's smaller but does anyone know a thread where someone has done this swap to a 6g72 or 6g74 engine im going to swap down the road but want to swap the tranny first and get away from 5 gears.

If anyone knows that axles would fit or if the clearance works out all would be appreciated and I swear that I have searched and looked for 6 speed swap threads just little info hear and there and nothing finished through

if anything i can just work on my car at the shop and try and see what happens when time comes i will make updates i will also be checking for comments as well. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Feel like selling the 5 speed? I turbod my 04 auto and next project on the list is a transmission swap. None of the local yards have em around me, checking one a couple hours away on Tuesday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feel like selling the 5 speed? I turbod my 04 auto and next project on the list is a transmission swap. None of the local yards have em around me, checking one a couple hours away on Tuesday.
If I can find a 6 speed that will work then possibly yes. But that's meaning I find out if I can make it work people said that the 4g 6speed would be able to fit due to mounting locations but the axels become the next problem because the length is different for one of them they said. I could just try and see which one would fit with trial and error but that's more time than I want to put into it to figure out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts