Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 6g74 engine hook straight up to the 6g72 tranny? Iv been searching but can't really find much on that. Iv got the 01 gt with the 6g72 and am wanting to do an engine swap or something along the lines of that. Iv also been looking at trying to run a t3 or t4 turbo on my engine now. Any inputs on either of these would be appreciated. THANKS!

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I just remembered something and i'm kicking myself for selling it. I use to have a 94(maybe) dodge stealth r/t 5spd and that bad boy would run! I cant remember why I sold it but I am wishing I would have kept that thing now.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Will the 6g74 engine hook straight up to the 6g72 tranny? Iv been searching but can't really find much on that. Iv got the 01 gt with the 6g72 and am wanting to do an engine swap or something along the lines of that. Iv also been looking at trying to run a t3 or t4 turbo on my engine now. Any inputs on either of these would be appreciated. THANKS!
As already stated it'll bolt up. From the way you use the term T3 and T4 I'm getting the feeling you don't have much knowledge on turbos. You could run either one. T3 and T4 are just two types of numerous size flanges. They are the most common and compatible sizes to most aftermarket exhaust manifolds. The flange on the turbo and exhaust manifold should match as that is where they connect.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you are correct, I do not have much knowledge about turbos or really anything like that.

Also, how much work do you think would have to go into a engine to throw one of those on? Im sure itd be good idea to get the whole intercooler system, but besides that Im not sure what all I would need to hook it up.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
you are correct, I do not have much knowledge about turbos or really anything like that.

Also, how much work do you think would have to go into a engine to throw one of those on? Im sure itd be good idea to get the whole intercooler system, but besides that Im not sure what all I would need to hook it up.
Quick flange lesson:

T3
T4

Exhaust manifold with a T3 flange:

T3 flange turbo:

A LOT of work is required and you will need an intercooler. Honestly explaining turbocharging and turbocharging a 3G to you here would take more time than we both have so read all the blue stickies in here to enhance your knowledge: GT/GTS - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums

·
SuperHero Nerd
643 Posts
By the way, Welcome to Club3G.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts