Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 3G nation! I have been following 3G forums for the 2 years I have had my Eclipse, so I figured it was about that time that I open an account. I am doing a 6G75 Mivec swap into my 01 Eclipse within the next month, but being that I am not really technical with many car components, I know all of you will have some great insight and suggestions. The suggestions I need are particularly with what kind of clutch, Flywheel, Exhaust, and ECU would be sufficient to be able to handle the power of the 6G75 Mivec motor. Thank you for your time in advance!

·
UMADBREH?
3,460 Posts
"Not really technical"

Unless you have a friend who can help, stick with the non-mivec swap. While the mivec swap has been proven to be possible, there is a ton of work that needs to be done that is not for the faint of heart.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
After doing some research throughout the forums, it's really not going to be a good idea being that I can't do much of the work myself and taking into considerations all the factors of how much the technology changed from 01 to 07. I've been looking for something else to do to this car, but I am pretty much stuck on what to do at this point.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
After doing some research throughout the forums, it's really not going to be a good idea being that I can't do much of the work myself and taking into considerations all the factors of how much the technology changed from 01 to 07. I've been looking for something else to do to this car, but I am pretty much stuck on what to do at this point.
Do yourself a favor and catch up on all the maintenance needs first then start thinking about modding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts