Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
So after taking my dash out, looking at the miles of stock wiring, which most is useless at this point in my build. I have made the decision to delete it or most off it out of the car. Things like sunroof, radio, ac/heat, power locks, stock dash cluster, airbags...the list goes on lol its all this weight at this point. Lol wish me luck lol

Reactions: repforenzo

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,020 Posts
What a huge undertaking. Gluk!

Reactions: 6g75_3g

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Its just another thing on my list of huge things i have done. So no biggie

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #124

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #126

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #127

Have been doing some wire clean up!! And making things better!! The dash will look amazing when i am done!! Just wait

Reactions: mysticj

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
so since adding the Standalone AEM and doing the Dash with a CD5 i was having charging issues. The car was running off just the battery. so digging and looking into the problem more its not just as simple as adding in the light on the dash like everyone knows about but instead making sure the diode in the line is still therel, so i added the diode, i have a little battery like just like the high beams and blinkers on to the dash and will be running off LOWSIDE 1 on the ECU which will control the voltage. All in all i have now removed almost everything factory from the car that was factory lol the car is becoming more and more standalone and street driveable.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #131

Reactions: buddd

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Car is still in the make better stage lol

everything runs. i can fire the car up. but have been trying to make it more driver friendly as in Brand New D2 Coilovers, Sealing off the rear Fuel cell box, and fixing the exhaust to make it not so loud. lol if that can be done.
i have picked up so nice RX-7 FD wheels that i will be putting some slicks on after winter. and also for shits and giggles fab up a Bash Bar with a Parachute mount lol why you ask.. why not. i was already building the rear bash bar.

Reactions: buddd

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
How will that moment affect braking performance of your front wheels?
what do you mean? Why would it matter for just front wheels?

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Lol not really. I mean will it lift some sure but not completely off the ground. Its low enough that its good

·
1,130 Posts
Lol not really. I mean will it lift some sure but not completely off the ground. Its low enough that its good
I wasn't implying that it'd wheelie, just that it might take enough load off of the front of the car under braking that it'll mess with your ability to stop hard after a pass. Have you done any calculations to see how much load will be taken off the front if a parachute is deployed at your normal trap speed?

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
I wasn't implying that it'd wheelie, just that it might take enough load off of the front of the car under braking that it'll mess with your ability to stop hard after a pass. Have you done any calculations to see how much load will be taken off the front if a parachute is deployed at your normal trap speed?
I still dont get why you think it will be a problem at all...the front has enough weight that even if it lifted it...the rear brake will do their job lol

most of the problems that come with chute placement is not if the front is lifted bu rather if its to high and or to low that it will lift the rear of the car and cause it to get loose

·
1,130 Posts
I still dont get why you think it will be a problem at all...the front has enough weight that even if it lifted it...the rear brake will do their job lol

most of the problems that come with chute placement is not if the front is lifted bu rather if its to high and or to low that it will lift the rear of the car and cause it to get loose
Because levers. You attached a giant lever to the back of your car and you're going to pull on it hard at speed. You should at least do some rough calculations before you just stick stuff on and call it good. Especially if you're going to use it in a racing environment.

Your assumption about lifting the rear is at least partially incorrect. It'll act like that if the parachute is directly attached to the back of the car. You didn't do that here. You attached a lever to the bottom of your car and put a parachute on it. Completely different system with additional moments and forces.

Also, the rear brakes are fraction of the size of the front ones. It's a very strange assumption that the rears will make up for the fronts in any meaningful way.

121 - 140 of 142 Posts