Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

*I used the search feature and google plenty before creating this post"

I have some questions regarding the 6g75m swap from my 01 6g72 motor.

I've read the entire BHM guide 20 times LOL , spoke to a few facebook groups in helping me source parts that i need "Bracket,Fuel Rails , intakes, BHM Plate"

Here are my questions "Really hoping we still have active members"

1) Why should i source a 6g74 Thermostat housing , Why cant i just use the thermostat housing that comes with my 6g75m motor "i'm assuming when i buy the motor"

2) Crankshaft sensor, I know i need to change the crankshaft sensor and trigger wheels with the one from my 6g72 , but is there very complicated i.e. does it require calibration or alignment or is it bolt on ? " anyone have a picture of what it looks like the BHM pic isnt clear .

3) Using the distributor bhm plate, the pipes requires to for the oil line lubrication to the rear cylinder head, does anyone have any specifics to the pipes needed ? "i believe my plate wont come with any hardware since its a rep plate someone is making in the group.

This is what i've sourced so far :
1)BHM Plate "in the works"
2)intake/fuel rail mod/ fittings
3)6g74 TB
4)6g74 PS Bracket
5)06 3.8 Mivec 6g75m motor 166,000 miles
6)Grinder to grind the piece of the block that hits the Axle.
Is looking for a few bracket some say i can use the 6g75m alternator bracket and the lower timing belt cover "apparently"

Thank You

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think the thermostat housing may have an issue with the heater hose hitting the distributor. I’m not 100% sure on that because I have a non Eclipse 3.8 install. The heater hose on my car touches the distributor with the 3.8 housing. I made one of those distributor plates for about $10 with hand tools. They aren’t that complicated. I used the rear mivec solenoid as a template and use a regular gasket instead of that crazy shaped o-ring. My plate looks completely different with three bolt holes.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Stop using quotations for everything. It makes it harder to understand what you're trying to say.

To answer your questions:
1) The tb coolant inlet/outlet on the 75m tstat housing would make contact so the housing is not an option without a lot of modification. I've modded one and it's not worth the effort.

2) The sensor is held in by 2 small bolts. Nothing complicated about it. CAS sensors don't require calibration. Why don't you just take the timing covers off and look for yourself?

3) You're not going to use a pipe. You're going to use a hose. Seeing as you're taking oil from the front oil pressure sensor outlet (1/8NPT) to control the rear, your distributor adapter should have a similar inlet. Measuring between the oil outlet and inlet with length to spare, find a pre-made 4an hose that's oil/gas rated and use 1/8NPT to 4an adapters.

Also unless you're having the 74 flange welded to the 75m intake, I would recommend you use the S90 Evo 8 tb since it matches the 75m flange and does not require soldering a new pigtail for the 74 IAC valve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts