Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"It has been alleged that a mechanically stock Yamaha R6 turned a high-9 second run, during Cycle World's recent middleweight shootout testing. They did this with Ricky Gadson riding and the R6's suspension compressed with tie-downs to lower its center of gravity, thus reducing its tendency to wheelie. Allegedly, the Kawasaki ZX-6R didn't get a chance to run with its suspension tied-down, because the track closed before the CW crew could finish all of their "modified" runs. Chances are, that 636 would have beat the R6's time, but we'll never know. My source also tells me that there was more than one smelly clutch by the end of that day. However, you'll probably have to wait around a month to read about it in Cycle World."

Now tell me. Why the fuck can a Hayabusa owner (who owns a bike that traps extremely high 9's, low 10's in stock form) seriously say that their bike will toast any modded 600. It's annoying. I guess it's like the small block getting eaten by a Civic, a pride thing.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
because a hayabusa doesn't have to have it's suspension fully compressed with a strap to run a 9 second quarter :ugh:

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
and they probably didn't compress the rear, just the front. It's a common thing on four wheelers when they race them around here

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
No shit, but they also aren't the only bike that runs 9's either. So who cares. That wasn't my point.

·
Boobs
989 Posts
On the street in a straight line, rolling on, the Hayabusa will rape any normal modded 600. Of course if you slap on a turbo or supercharger it may be a different story.

Just like the old saying goes there is no replacement for displacement.

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the street in a straight line, rolling on, the Hayabusa will rape any normal modded 600. Of course if you slap on a turbo or supercharger it may be a different story.

Just like the old saying goes there is no replacement for displacement.
Sure, but I don't street race ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts