Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse spyder GS-T convertible and my dad cut the top off because it leaked before we got a new top or even knew where or how to get one and put it on, since then I have found one but I have no idea how to put it on it also needs some of the mechanical top fixed. Any suggestions on how to go about doing this?

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
571 Posts
Well Josh T ... this should be left to a professional.. There is no easy way to tell you how it`s done . Also be aware that there are different company's that sell a top for your Spyder . The best tops are Robbins or EZ-On.. These are the same as the original top that came with your car . Stay away from the top from Keys auto tops.. They have no timing marks and I wont go into explaining what that means . I am an upholsterer of 45 years plus .. Installing a top for me is as easy as putting on my socks in the morning . Please take my advice and go to your local auto top installer . Your top could be in the price range of $500 to a $1000. dollars .. Are you willing to waste that kind of money installing this your self when you have no clue what needs to be done..

Robbins............ Mitsubishi Eclipse 1996-99 Complete Top with Heated Glass Window
EZ-On............... 1995 Thru 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Convertible Top With A Defroster Glass Window

Here are a couple links to the tops I mention but before you make a purchase talk to your top installer ... Some will not install a top unless you order it from them ..And also make sure that the top they will install is from the companies I mention .. I`m sorry for bursting your bubble but I hate to see a fellow club member throw money out the window .
This is a picture of my Spyder with a new top That I installed a couple years ago... If your car came with a vinyl top ..upgrade to the Haartz Stayfast Twill fabric ... You will be happy you did ...

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

1 - 2 of 2 Posts