Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Cone Killer
1,297 Posts
Im still having trouble finding the hose by the firewall. Mainly tried cleaning the cabin filter located under the stereo...that sucked. I think I'm headed in the right direction

·
Registered
670 Posts
You dont really have to take.anything apart to see where it goes through the firewall. In the pictures above where the white silicon is gobbed its right behind that. If you pull the carpet and rubber underlay aside you can see cheap foam that mitsubishi likes to use as filler. The hose is in that.

Nobody can see the hose unless looking motor side or ripping out literally everything inside.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Well looks like I'm going to install a filter before the car goes away for winter. Water on driver side floor again and a tick from the blower fan.
Was not a big fan of cleaning that out last year when I bought the car. :facepalm: No idea why I didn't just do it then

·
Registered
144 Posts
I found some clear-ish (poly?) hose stuff that fit the drain hole just barely, put some sealant on it and stuck it in the hole bout 3/8" of an inch. The other end hangs down about 9 inches. Problem solved, 20 minutes!

Truthfully the idea came to me when I was using the tube and a vacuum to see if the hole was stopped up. heh

No more wet A/C problems!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here is my contribution to the thread. I was having the same issue but I was trying to seal the leak from the outside and the inside.

im replacing the carpet because it is old and it smells like mildew thanks to mitsubishi. so here is an image where the AC is leaking the water the way it supposed to

but here is the puddle already forming on the driver side

carpet and padding removed

this part here is the problem and should be sealed with silicon or any other type of sealant you find suitable.

I hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read problem and forum, but I have a couple questions on my 2009 Mitsubishi Spyder. Issue: Wet on drivers side only, moldy carpet since I didn't notice it wet.

Question: If wet on drivers side only vs passengers side does that mean issue is likely HVAC drain grommet / seal vs clogged evaporator or What does the side seem to indicate?

Dealership quoted me $800 to take car apart to clean evaporator (6 hours labor) from debris and foam, but didn't say anything about HVAC drain hose / grommet.

TSB 11-55-003 is for wet carpet on drivers side and says fix may be hose. So I asked for HVAC Drain Hose Installation and Blower Motor Housing Filter to be installed ($130).

I also asked if they could Clean Evaporator without removing dash - They said no. TSB-09-55-002 suggests to drill a hole and plug it instead of taking dash apart. (although for Endevor) so I asked if they could do it that way or similar for my eclipse instead - they said it wouldn't work for eclipse - Is this true?.

Finally, for new Carpet the cost alone is $265. Does anyone have good source for replacement carpet? I could only find it for older years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also please note: if your driver side window does not line up properly (it can be a bit tedious to re-align) but as soon as I'm got mine recentered guess what, dry as a bone

·
Registered
3 Posts
Water in floorboard

Hi guys AngelEyes here and I need help. My 2003 Eclipse GTS is poring water if I use the ac. I have to take it to car wash 2/3 times a day to vacuum it out gets about an inch deep. I'm not a mechanic and my sweet wonderful husband is legally blind so he can't see to fix it. So we need a fix for this. I'm going crazy I have to have my ac here in Kentucky its horrible this time of year. If there are any videos or pictured directions to help me please HELP.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Im having this issue, bumping the post so I can find it this weekend when I go to fix this issue.

I blew out the drain line a few months back when doing some other work under the hood and thought that fixed it. it did not

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm joining the AC Condensate Leak Club

Ok - well I bought a 2005 spyder GTS. It was in bad shape due to hail => ripped top => rain in the cabin.

We vacuumed about 10 gallons of water out, pulled the interior, pressure washed carpets, sun dried everything for two days, put it back together with high expectations. Drove it in the Texas heat/humidity for about an hour and we had a major puddle again.

Found this thread and tried the following:
1) Pulled the evaporator box open form the passenger side. Not a lot of debris, but the coil itself was blocked with lint. Vacuumed and cleaned.
2) cleaned train tube from engine side of fire wall with a coat hanger.
3) poured about 2 cups of water in the evap box. It came out the drain on engine side of firewall - like it should
4) Put black 3M window-weld sealant around the drain tub on the engine side of firewall. I have big hands it was hard, I'm not 100% I got the bottom.
5) test drive, same issue - no better no worse

My question and thought - Has anyone tried drilling a hole in the evap box, putting a "port" on the hole (stainless steel, with stainless steel screws into evap box), then running a line out the bottom of the floor. This just seems to be an asinine design as is.

I bought the car for under a grand, I have a hard time justifying the cost of $700 to have it "fixed" by someone better than me. But Texas heat without A/C is not a viable option.

THoughts?

BTW - does anyone know why I can see some pics on my computer, but not others. I know the pics are there because I can see them on my phone. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same problem, but different!

Hi all, my car has an annoying leak inside, but it seems to be only when it rains. I have fixed the drain plug from the engine bay thinking it would help but it didnt. Any ideas? should it fix it from the inside? I have taken the carpet out and have a friend spray the car for me and could not see where the water was coming from. It did seem to be coming from that screw behind the gas pedal, but I could not make sure of that.

Any ideas please? If I cant fix it by the end of this week I am going to sell it and have someone else deal with it!
Drain hose leaking above the headliner?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is my contribution to the thread. I was having the same issue but I was trying to seal the leak from the outside and the inside.

im replacing the carpet because it is old and it smells like mildew thanks to mitsubishi. so here is an image where the AC is leaking the water the way it supposed to

but here is the puddle already forming on the driver side

carpet and padding removed

this part here is the problem and should be sealed with silicon or any other type of sealant you find suitable.

I hope this helps
You are the only person that I have seen accurately show where you seal it!! Thank you a 1000

141 - 158 of 158 Posts