Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the bulbs seen in this thread to change my dash bulbs:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/show/425-how-change-interior-bulb-color.html

I understand the process of switching out the bulbs, however, how do I get the gauges out? do I need to remove my entire dash to yank it out, as seen in this thread:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/show/14857-how-tear-out-whole-dash-even-big-piece.html

or do I just yank it out without removing any other dashboard piece? or am I missing the point completely? thanks for the help :)

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
I don't remember exactly, but I think I removed the parts underneath it first. Then I removed the bezel/shade thing by just pulling straight back. I think there are four zinc-colored screws holding in the cluster.

·
db
986 Posts
well, you can remove the radio bezel and clock pod to get to the gauge bulbs. i found it easiest to lower the steering wheel and then pull up. the clips for this fell off and it just sits in there. it doesn't come out or anything, but it makes for easier unstallation later on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, you can remove the radio bezel and clock pod to get to the gauge bulbs. i found it easiest to lower the steering wheel and then pull up...
why would I remove the radio bezel? i want the gauge cluster behind the steering wheel.

also, the only dash part I think I need to worry about is the one underneath the steering wheel. do i need to remove that in order to just pull the gauge cover off? (I know about the screws for the actual bezel, but Im talking about getting to it in the first place)

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
why would I remove the radio bezel? i want the gauge cluster behind the steering wheel.

also, the only dash part I think I need to worry about is the one underneath the steering wheel. do i need to remove that in order to just pull the gauge cover off? (I know about the screws for the actual bezel, but Im talking about getting to it in the first place)
When I did mine you just take the two screws out of the bottom dash peice (near your feet) there's two screws underneath. Then you'll need to take the two new screws that will be uncovered when you take the bottom peice off that're right behind the steering column.

After this, i'm not exactly sure where you're wanting to get it, none-the-less taking the gauge cluster isn't really that hard, it's like 4 screws, and you unplug all the IDE-looking cords that are plugged into the back of it, just remember to plug them all back in once you're done..

·
db
986 Posts
i just mentioned removing those things cuz sometimes its easier to get to things if you know what needs to be taken off.

the lights are dim because the stock gauges filter out non orange colors. you need to put some nail polish on em. i remember reading many threads about this and i'm not sure how to do it. so you'd be better to do a search.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
White film? I just followed the how to in the link I posted and his are really bright. By the way I used blue

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
For future reference (when you take the white film off), you don't need to remove anything below the steering wheel to get the gauges out...just pull the "sun cover" part straight off, then remove the four screws holding the gauges in, unplug the connectors, and install in reverse order...nothing else needs to come off to get the gauges out...

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Idk why everyone removes the film off the back of the gages. I just installed new bulbs and put it back together and it shines through perfectly blue. Plus their are no hot spots where it looks white.

·
Registered
124 Posts
well i removed the film because when i did it without taking that film off it looked like absolute shit, now that i took it off its shines bright blue HUGE difference

·
Registered
124 Posts
I dont have any from when i didnt remove the film so you cant compare but ill try to take a pic after work today and post it up

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I got a pm asking what mine looked like without the film removed so I figured I would post up a pic as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts