Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering... what do people with lets say stage 3 s/c, headers, no cats and 3 inch exhaust do when they get a letter for emmitions?* :p

*assuming u live in a state with emmitions.

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Blu_GT said:
Just wondering... what do people with lets say stage 3 s/c, headers, no cats and 3 inch exhaust do when they get a letter for emmitions?* :p

*assuming u live in a state with emmitions.
Pull off the supercharger, block off the oil feed lines, cut the exhaust and weld a cat in place. ;)

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
emmitions?

·
54,424 Posts
NAPALM said:
Emissions.

What do I do?
I grab $200 and head to a ghetto smog shop in LA.

:twothumb:
:twothumb: exactly what i'll do if i de-cat the shitbox.

·
Land Shark!
787 Posts
Do they hook you guys up to the sniffer where you live? Here, they just hooked me up to their computer through my OBDII port and scanned me. They said they do this for all '96+ vehicles. I was worried about passing emmisions myself as I should be heading to the shop to get my turbo installed in a few weeks but as long as I don't throw any codes I should pass.

·
Land Shark!
787 Posts
Bitter said:
96+ get the odb2 unless theyre in for something other than a standard check.

pre 96 get the sniffer.
cool. So as long as I can get my turbo setup to not throw any codes I should be in the clear. I have no "ghetto shops" around here to throw money at and pass.

·
Registered
970 Posts
evil6remlin said:
cool. So as long as I can get my turbo setup to not throw any codes I should be in the clear. I have no "ghetto shops" around here to throw money at and pass.

There are always "ghetto shops" you just don't have friends in low places so to speak.

Oh and goodluck not getting a tubo to throw codes. Man am I gonna get flames for that comment ! :lmfao:

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
^^^ that was from a bad fuel pump install with the SDS?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts