Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Donate 4 Life
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one is it? I looked at the manual from Tearstones page and it looked like it only shows 3 and you pull the top one or whatever.. when I opened my fuse box under the hood it had like 10 of those freaking things. Can someone tell me which one to actually pull to change the AC Relay Switch. YES I DID A SEARCH :fawk: (may have not been a great one, but I did do it, a couple times)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Which relay specifically are you referring to, and what model do you have? The HVAC system circuit has the following relays for a 2.4L Coupe (I doubt they're different for each model, but the FSM does list the circuits separately):

Blower Relay
Fan Control Relay
MFI Relay
A/C Compressor Relay

What specifically is your problem, and how did you determine you have a bad relay?

·
Donate 4 Life
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would assume that since I put AC Relay it would be the A/C Compressor Relay :idea:

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
Kidney's correct. There are four relays involved. The one for just the compressor is #14 on a pre-03 GT.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I would assume that since I put AC Relay it would be the A/C Compressor Relay :idea:
That was my first assumption, but on these boards you can never be too sure. :bigthumb:

If you look on page 70-9 of the FSM, there is a diagram (A) that shows the location of the components within the power distribution center under the hood. The A/C Compressor Relay is the one all the way to the left (passenger side), and all the way to the back (closest to the firewall)...:bigthumb:

·
Donate 4 Life
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok.. I replaced the relay that was at the top towards the windshield and all the way over to the passenger side. Mine does not look anything like that pic. I'm gonna take a pic and try and post it. When I started the car and tried to turn on the compressor the engine kind of "sunk" like it was kicking on then stopped. If I have to replace the compressor, what does that involve and do you have to vacate the lines to do it?

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
The reason it didn't look anything like the picture is probably because you were looking at the FSM for a 03-05. It has a completely different relay/fuse panel. #14 is the one you want, and you want to find it in the 00-02 FSM.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The reason it didn't look anything like the picture is probably because you were looking at the FSM for a 03-05. It has a completely different relay/fuse panel. #14 is the one you want, and you want to find it in the 00-02 FSM.
Which is why I asked what type of Eclipse he had...didn't get a response though, so I just went with what I had...:ugh2:

·
Donate 4 Life
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's an 01'... I can't see any numbers on the thing (#14?).. Can you tell me which one I should've changed?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It's an 01'... I can't see any numbers on the thing (#14?).. Can you tell me which one I should've changed?
In that case, look on page 70-9 of the 00-02 FSM...

http://www.fast-4ward.com/3GsvcManual/70.pdf

The A/C Compressor relay in your car should be all the way back (towards the firewall) and the 2nd from the right (driver's side)...:bigthumb:

Reactions: superGT

·
Donate 4 Life
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Replaced the correct relay and the compressor stayed on... :woot: Thanks for pointing me to the right one!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Replaced the correct relay and the compressor stayed on... :woot: Thanks for pointing me to the right one!!
No problem...during this time while your car is working properly, I'd recommend getting familiar with the layout of the FSM...that way when you need to find something in it, you know where to look...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
202 Posts
So my ac isnt working, and today i found a relay under the hood the owners manual says nothing about it from what i can see, it was in the smaller fuse box next to the big one on the driver side. I have a 2003 gts. Would replacing this fuse help? I recharged my car with 134a and it didnt sound the the compressor was kicking in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 gts ac clutch wont engage. Its a used car so no owners manual. need information on location of relay, fuses and any tips available. bought it for my son, trying to get it fixed up. have searched the internet. Found information on fuse box but must be from different year / model it does not match this one. any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts