Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse V6 3.0 hatchback 4 speed automatic. When I bought the car the guy told me all I needed to do was fix the power steering and exhaust after messing with it a little bit, I realized there's a lot more problems in that. One being I have no power to any of the electrical components in my car unless my ignition switch is turned to the on position. If it is not my hazards don't work ,my automatic lock doesn't work at all, nor can I turn my headlights on there is absolutely no power at all without the ignition switched in the on position or having the car started and anybody I asked has no idea what it could be and I can't find anything on the internet necessarily pertaining to my year and my generation eclipse. so any help or being pointed in the right direction is very much appreciated I'd like to thank everyone for their time and help with this in advance

·
1,072 Posts
Dude, this is unintelligible. I'd like to help, but I can't understand what you're trying to tell us without the use of paragraph structure and punctuation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude, this is unintelligible. I'd like to help, but I can't understand what you're trying to tell us without the use of paragraph structure and punctuation.
I'm very sorry about that I used talk to text and did not proofread it before I posted it which I will now start doing I fixed it so I hope that's better

·
Registered
8 Posts
If these care are anything like the JDM models, the fuse box beneath the steering wheel will need to be inspected, i suspect the car was in a flood. Remove the fuse box and fuses(make a note of where each fuse goes) clean with some corrosion remover(wd40 etc...) use a 80 grit sand paper on the male contact points where possible(not too much sanding or connectors wont fit tight) on the back of the fuse box is the module for the door lock controller. Remove and inspect also. Pull it apart and look for rusted components and visit a local electronic store for replacements parts. And while your there pickup a digital multi-meter and a test light if your dont already have one. Door lock modules can fail to work if the alternator is not supplying about 14.2 volts so use a multi meter check if the alternator is charging correctly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You may also have a chewed accessory wire from the ignition switch or a bad ignition switch. You will need a diagram and a test light to check this matter. but the fact that the headlights are not working also i would start with the fuse box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts