Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I got an Eclipse GS and was wondering what are the advantages and disadvantages of a 4-cylinder engine. I know it gives better gas mileage and is less for insurance :)

Are there any real performance wise advantages? i dont know if i should spend a butt load of money in my car if it will never have a chance against 6 cyl's :p

Yup and i have searched but cant find any real good info, it would be nice if you could tell me what to search or even give me the thread or what not :D
not just yell SEAARCH -giggles in a non-**** way-

p.s. Crap i spelt Disadvantages wrong in the title. (isnt the sharpest tool in the crayon box)

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
It's cheaper on insurance?? I'm paying about the same for my 5.3L truck and my 4cyl Galant..:dunno:

·
R.I.P. silverside
4,217 Posts
heres my opinion, if i could go buy my car all over again i would have bought the 4banger instead of the 6. My reason, well because price wise its just not practical to go FI with the 6 cylinder, ive done alot of test fitting and pricing and i dont know if its going to be worth it in the end, now had i bought the 4 cylinder id be FI by now because the money ive put into paint, the wing, wheels, and other pointless various power adders, that price would have me a nice basic turbo kit

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really!? wow... parents lied to me then, they said thats the "reason" they chose the 4-cylinder haha

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yay pace187!!
:p that makes me feel really good, (really im just trying to get some motivation for this bad-boy) haha, and nice reasoning o.~

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
Really!? wow... parents lied to me then, they said thats the "reason" they chose the 4-cylinder haha
Could also be because my age and because I'm married with no accidents or tickets too, so don't go confronting your parents :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good Point, as a matter of fact im still a permit'er, not even a lisence :]
could be a BIG reason eh?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys, so, so far i have a Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust system, Halogen Headlights, and a Grillecraft grille. Are those a pretty good start? Im hoping the Cat-Back wont interupt with future plans!

·
R.I.P. silverside
4,217 Posts
Thanks Guys, so, so far i have a Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust system, Halogen Headlights, and a Grillecraft grille. Are those a pretty good start? Im hoping the Cat-Back wont interupt with future plans!
good start, id look into a drop and some wheels next, then a nice lip kit, these cars looks real good with the right wheels and a good drop

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wont lie, the grille and exhaust arent installed, but the headlights are. My dad hurt his back and im waiting on him, were gonna do the exhaust on our own. Got any recommendations, want pictures anyways? (ill go take some)

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Don't waste your money on performance upgrades for the 3G. I would rather go for a few show upgrades and that's it. The 3G will leach a lot out of your bank account to be made fast

·
JVP
703 Posts
You are still driving with a permit, no license yet. Well yes, that makes a huge difference.
First off good luck with the car.

But as much as I hate to say your like 15 and you want performance mods? Not trying to be a dick here as I am relatively new to this forum as well but ive been around the block a few times and kids whom just got there liscense and all of a sudden want to go fast not to smart. On the track sure but on the street? Maybe you should get some experience under your belt driving. I know you have like 100 hours or something but that's just not enough. Most likely you've never been in a panic situation driving nor have had to think fast about making split decisions.

I am not saying all kids are horrid drivers, but I just see to many kiddies do something completely retarded or get a big head on there shoulders about things. Obviously I can't do anything about what you wanna do nor would I want to. I am just letting you know when I was that age I thought I was invincible. totally wrong lol :rolleyes: If I could go back in time I would prolly smack myself around a little bit.

On a side note if you concentrated on getting everything looking pretty, not just like body kits or new talights etc..but even making everything super clean stock I think alot of people can appreciate a good looking car. Then heck by then you could move onto the engine bay because most likely you will have a better head on your shoulders. Not saying you don't already but will be vastly improved over years.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
First off good luck with the car.

But as much as I hate to say your like 15 and you want performance mods? Not trying to be a dick here as I am relatively new to this forum as well but ive been around the block a few times and kids whom just got there liscense and all of a sudden want to go fast not to smart. On the track sure but on the street? Maybe you should get some experience under your belt driving. I know you have like 100 hours or something but that's just not enough. Most likely you've never been in a panic situation driving nor have had to think fast about making split decisions.

I am not saying all kids are horrid drivers, but I just see to many kiddies do something completely retarded or get a big head on there shoulders about things. Obviously I can't do anything about what you wanna do nor would I want to. I am just letting you know when I was that age I thought I was invincible. totally wrong lol :rolleyes: If I could go back in time I would prolly smack myself around a little bit.

On a side note if you concentrated on getting everything looking pretty, not just like body kits or new talights etc..but even making everything super clean stock I think alot of people can appreciate a good looking car. Then heck by then you could move onto the engine bay because most likely you will have a better head on your shoulders. Not saying you don't already but will be vastly improved over years.
Very good post. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts