Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sort of a quick question on this subject. I'm doing some research for winter parts to buy for the car. The next few things on the list are a wideband O2 sensor and a new engine management system. Anyways, the question is when looking at AEM's website. It has a single and dual channel controller. Does anyone know if our cars need a dual channel one or is a single channel controller fine? if anyone has more knowledge on this one, fell free to fill us in.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have the single channel one - what you'd do is just install the sensor in the front bank and monitor that bank (since it's the leaner one of the two). Of course you'd need to use an o2 sim or some other fix or you're gonna throw a code for not having the front bank o2 installed (unless you have 2 o2 bungs in the front bank, which is a possibility). I've wondered how much difference there is between the two banks myself - when I'm seeing 13.7:1, does that mean the rear bank is probably within 0.1 AFR, or could it be 13.0:1 or even richer? I doubt it, but I'm not sure, maybe someone else has a better idea.

·
Boosted
3,343 Posts
do not ever sim a front o2 bank if you are using a stock ecu. it will damage the car among making tuning a fookin nightmare if not impossible.

if you are installing a wideband o2, get a bung and plug (if desired no to run all the time) and install it in the front bank on the opposite side several inches away from the other o2 sensor, preferable down stream but before the cats, all depends on your setup

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
TheFranchise said:
do not ever sim a front o2 bank if you are using a stock ecu. it will damage the car among making tuning a fookin nightmare if not impossible.
didn't figure that using a sim on the front bank would be a good idea...for that matter, it didn't seem to me that using one on either of the front/rear bank o2's would be a good idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts