Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See pic below. I currently have my wideband sensor plugged in location 1. That pipe connects to the rear manifold which then connects to the hot side of the turbo. My question is: Is my sensor in the wrong location? I thought that the sensor was supposed to be plugged in right on the downpipe (like location 2 or 3) :dunno:

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
The uego I struction booklet states the distance after your FI the sensor should be placed to protect from the heat and readings. The ACTUAL location should not make a difference. Just keep it before the hfc.

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the manual online an it reads ...On turbocharged engines the UEGO sensor must be installed after the turbo charger, if not, the pressure differential will greatly affect the accuracy of the unit. For accurate readings, the sensor must be mounted before catalytic converters and/or auxiliary air pumps. To prevent collection of liquids between the sensor housing and sensor element during the cold start phase, the installation angle should be inclined at least 10° from horizontal with the electrical connection upwards, see below. (Figure 8)... I think I have a problem that needs to be taken care of. Damn.

·
V8 > 3G
2,717 Posts
18-24 inches from the exhaust manifold(s) is a great rule of thumb to go by. after the second bend on your downpipe would be the ideal location unless ground clearance issues have a play in the situation. right above the lower bend on the downpipe will also be sufficient

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
For a turbo application, the sensor should sit 18-24 inches after the turbo into the DOWNPIPE. You should also see if you can some how mount it so it's plugged in as vertical as possible in whatever place you have to increase it's life. Condensation and moisture can shorten their life span.

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the info guys! :wub:

·
stupid booster
7,219 Posts
http://aempower.com/images/products/Installation Instructions 30-4100.pdf

A weld-in M18 X 1.5 boss is supplied for sensor installation. Mount the O2 sensor in the
exhaust system at least 18 inches downstream from the exhaust port. If you anticipate
high EGT's (over 800C), run a turbocharger, run at high RPM for extended periods of
time or plan on running leaded race fuel then you must mount the sensor at least 36
inches or more downstream of the exhaust port as all of these can cause the sensor to
overheat. On turbocharged engines the UEGO sensor must be installed after the
turbo charger, if not, the pressure differential will greatly affect the accuracy of
the unit. For accurate readings, the sensor must be mounted before catalytic
converters and/or auxiliary air pumps. To prevent collection of liquids between the
sensor housing and sensor element during the cold start phase, the installation angle
should be inclined at least 10° from horizontal with the electrical connection upwards,
see below. (Figure 8)

If you connect the sensor in the DP under the axles thats about 40inches i think

1 - 10 of 10 Posts