Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bumper was torn by a tire stop, so I am considering getting one aftermarkt from ebay. But usually the bumpers does not come with the mitsu shaped dent in the middle (they either have trianglular dent in the middle or have no dent at all) so I wonder how do I put the emblem on? also is emblem just a sticker that I can stick onto the bumper?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The ones you've seen that don't have the imprint for the badge are aftermarket bumpers, and aren't OEM. The real replacement should have an imprinted one for the badge to sit flush. I did the 03 conversion a while back and got the OEM one.

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
The ones you've seen that don't have the imprint for the badge are aftermarket bumpers, and aren't OEM. The real replacement should have an imprinted one for the badge to sit flush. I did the 03 conversion a while back and got the OEM one.
you fail. he just said hes getting aftermarket.

and only OEM bumpers have the diamond imprint in them.
aftermarket have either nothing, or a triangle.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for answering my questions. the OEM is a little out of my budget that's why I am getting an aftermarket one. The ones with triangular dent would be like telling people "hi I am an aftermarket bumper" so I guess i am getting one without any dent there, so that when I put the badge on it look less obvious. The seller does not drill the holes for the plates so I am drilling by my own, is that an easy job? any idea?

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
thanks for answering my questions. the OEM is a little out of my budget that's why I am getting an aftermarket one. The ones with triangular dent would be like telling people "hi I am an aftermarket bumper" so I guess i am getting one without any dent there, so that when I put the badge on it look less obvious. The seller does not drill the holes for the plates so I am drilling by my own, is that an easy job? any idea?
do you need the badge? i think it looks good without it to be honest.

do you NEED the plates on the front?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Any way you can post a link to who you're getting the bumper from? I'll probably be in the market for one in the future and would like to buy one from someone that has a good rep. :bigthumb:

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any way you can post a link to who you're getting the bumper from? I'll probably be in the market for one in the future and would like to buy one from someone that has a good rep. :bigthumb:

I am thinking of getting one from

eBay Motors: MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE 00-02 FRONT BUMPER COVER 01 *NEW* (item 260185777635 end time Nov-29-07 22:05:40 PST)

just because they are near chicago so I can drive and pick up. they also offer paint work which is $165 for the front bumper

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
thanks for answering my questions. the OEM is a little out of my budget that's why I am getting an aftermarket one. The ones with triangular dent would be like telling people "hi I am an aftermarket bumper" so I guess i am getting one without any dent there, so that when I put the badge on it look less obvious.
The dent is designed for the badge. If you put the badge on without the dent, I think it would look retarded.

The seller does not drill the holes for the plates so I am drilling by my own, is that an easy job? any idea?
Umm.. you just drill a hole or use self tapping screws. It's not rocket science.

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
In IL, both front and rear plates are needed? :)
yes, but I wouldn't drill holes. There are other ways to attach the plate that don't destroy the face of your bumper.

I shaved my emblem on my first bumper, ripped up the whole thing on a curb, then got a new non-OEM one without the badge. I think it looks much cleaner without it. I'll post a pic when I find one.

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
Personally I would use L-brackets and attach to the underside of the top portion of the bumper opening, like the MSPaint picture that I attached. You could do it the other direction too I suppose, but I like leaving the top bumper area uncovered.

Anyway, here's my car with no emblem on the front bumper. I think it look much cleaner.

BTW, I am in IL and haven't had a front plate for about 10 years. Been pulled over a few times, but I still leave it off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts