Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '01 Spyder GT 5-Speed. I'm looking to put a bit of work into it: new paint, cold air intake, new rims, new lights, possibly underglow, and, most importantly, new exhaust. I would really like to put true dual exhaust on it simply because few have it and I want the little bump in horsepower (the dual exhaust part has nothing to do with the horsepower, just why I want new exhaust). I'm really looking for a nice growl rather than the whine of a rice burner. I cannot find a dual exhaust kit, however. I have the ability to do a custom one myself. Any thoughts on how hard it would be to do this? What other complications would I run into with the catalytic converter, emissions, and such? Any information or opinions in general (exhaust or other mods, especially those dealing with increased horsepower) would be greatly appreciated. Without too much cost or trouble (mostly risk to the car), anyone know of a way to knock a second off the 0-60 time? 6.8ish isn't too bad, but under 6 seconds would be awesome.

·
CreepnIn The Shadows
4,426 Posts
You won't gain any horse power off a true dual. You'll lose horse power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts