Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a month now (since i tried wiring in my subs with a converter and nothing happened) for a way to hook up subs to a 2001 eclipse with the infinity system, 4 disc changer, and tape player. I've tried line-out converters and i cant get any signal through them. I tapped into the back speakers and i get about a third of an amp worth of signal going into the converter but no signal coming out.:( I've checked the continuity of the RCA cable and that's not the problem. I've recently been looking at aftermarket decks and ditching the converter to get a RCA hookup for my amp, the problem with that is that in order to wire in a aftermarket deck without bypassing the amp you must use both the front and the rear RCA outputs on the back of the radio with the Metra 70-7003 harness that i want to use. This leaves no RCA outputs for the amp to hook up to. What I'm trying to figure out is how i can get power to my subs with an aftermarket deck without bypassing the stock amp. The amp I'm using is a Hitron HPA2000.1D and im using it to run two Kicker 12" CompVR's at four ohms.
Any ideas on how to accomplish this?:dunno:

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
simple (and it is better anyway) get a unit with 6 outs (front, rear and sub). that way you have your dedicated sub out, so you can set your levels better anyway. all the mid and high range units have that. (heck my super cheapo unit i got a target for my 1g has that)

·
R.M.D.S.
483 Posts
simple (and it is better anyway) get a unit with 6 outs (front, rear and sub). that way you have your dedicated sub out, so you can set your levels better anyway. all the mid and high range units have that. (heck my super cheapo unit i got a target for my 1g has that)
Alpine head units are set up like that :yesway:

·
Smart Ass
2,526 Posts
well what you did wrong when trying to use the line out converter, the signal needs to be before the amp.

but i concur with scarr

·
Hi
132 Posts
Alpine head units are set up like that :yesway:
Not all have three sets of preouts on the back, they might just be front & rear/subwoofer. Another thing you might want to look into when getting an aftermarket headunit is getting one with not just 2 volt preouts but more like 4 volt preouts or even 5v.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've decided to use the kenwood headunit i had laying around with four rca outputs and i bought two y-cables. i haven't tried it out yet so hopefully i can get them bumpin, but if i can't get enough power to them with the y-cables, i'm gonna just go get a headunit with six outputs: thanks all for the feedback:)

·
Smart Ass
2,526 Posts
i've decided to use the kenwood headunit i had laying around with four rca outputs and i bought two y-cables. i haven't tried it out yet so hopefully i can get them bumpin, but if i can't get enough power to them with the y-cables, i'm gonna just go get a headunit with six outputs: thanks all for the feedback:)
you mean 2 rca outs. 1 red and 1 white = 1 rca

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, that's what i meant...
i got them working when i took it down to my local customs shop, guy took a look at them for about thirty seconds, told me what i had to do to get them bumpin and sent me on my way free of charge:ndance: the problem was that i needed the blue and white remote wire in the aftermarket harness to wire my amp to, but the stock system without an aftermarket harness only had a white and grey wire to wire to my amp which for some reason would turn the amp on but not send power to the subs...
after all this though, i effing hate factory amplifiers:noplease: they make everything a LOT more complicated for install.... and they have that stupidly placed two inch speaker in the dash, that's my next project to get fixed...
thanks all for the help, happy to finally be bumpin down the street pissing off my neighbors and the cops ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts