Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have installed a Boss audio systems 616UAB stereo into my 2001 Eclipse GT. I used the Metra 70-7003 wiring harness because the car has the infinity audio system. I connected the red and yellow wires from the car wiring harness to the radio wiring harness. I then connected the blue wire coming off the radio wiring to the blue wire which is connected to the amp wiring cables. I also made sure to connect the radios black wire to bare metal in the car. Finally, I plugged in all of the RCA plugs into the radio. After turning on the car, the head unit turns on fine, but there is no audio coming from the speakers. I tried turning the audio to max and minimum but nothing happened. The speakers worked fine before I installed the aftermarket stereo. I watched this video on you tube to figure out the wiring. I don't speak Spanish so maybe something was lost in translation. I have also included an image of what my wiring looks like.
1.png

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,

I have installed a Boss audio systems 616UAB stereo into my 2001 Eclipse GT. I used the Metra 70-7003 wiring harness because the car has the infinity audio system. I connected the red and yellow wires from the car wiring harness to the radio wiring harness. I then connected the blue wire coming off the radio wiring to the blue wire which is connected to the amp wiring cables. I also made sure to connect the radios black wire to bare metal in the car. Finally, I plugged in all of the RCA plugs into the radio. After turning on the car, the head unit turns on fine, but there is no audio coming from the speakers. I tried turning the audio to max and minimum but nothing happened. The speakers worked fine before I installed the aftermarket stereo. I watched this video on you tube to figure out the wiring. I don't speak Spanish so maybe something was lost in translation. I have also included an image of what my wiring looks like.
1.png

Thanks,

David

·
1,023 Posts
Why are your splices exposed? You sure you didn't short something out? Also, verify the colors of the wires from your head unit are what you think they are. While the colors are usually standard, it's not required that manufacturers stick to that color scheme.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why are your splices exposed? You sure you didn't short something out? Also, verify the colors of the wires from your head unit are what you think they are. While the colors are usually standard, it's not required that manufacturers stick to that color scheme.
This is just a photo I used as a guide for wiring my stereo. My actual wires are all covered with heat shrink tubing. The head unit diagram shows that all of the colors are the conventional ones. I am going to reconnect my old stereo to make sure the amp still works. If the audio still works, I suspect the issue is the head unit. It might be faulty.

·
1,023 Posts
While you're there, make sure the blue wire is actually putting out a signal when the head unit is turned on. I've seen head units that have a setting that disables the amp switch wire. Easy to check with a multimeter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While you're there, make sure the blue wire is actually putting out a signal when the head unit is turned on. I've seen head units that have a setting that disables the amp switch wire. Easy to check with a multimeter.
I tested with a multimeter and there are 12v coming from the blue wire off the stereo.

·
1,023 Posts
Other than checking the connections again, I'm out of ideas. If you had other equipment to hook the head unit up to to verify it works that would help you narrow your problem. Maybe a buddy has a car that would let you plug in?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Everything sounds like it's correctly connected to power up with sound. Only thing we can't see is where the RCA's plug into and if they're input or output. The blue wire is generally a 12 volt 1 amp remote turn on wire so it should power on the amp. Since you're not getting sound, take the blue wire from the RCA adapter and touch it to the yellow wire to manually provide 12 volt power to turn the amp on. If there is sound then the blue radio remote turn on wire is not working. If there's no sound then you need to verify the radio is outputting sound through the RCA's.

·
New To Site
17 Posts

This is the Metra 70-7003 wire to integrate your boss radio to the Infinity amp.

The big black plug hooks to the power lines of the radio
Red 12v
yellow constant ( Memory )
black ground
blue remote
Now you have a din plug .
white Left front
violet Right Front
green Left rear
violet Right Front
the blue wire connects to the blue wire off the black plug.

Both the big black plug and the din plug into the original harness . You do not use the speaker wires coming from the Boss radio

·
New To Site
17 Posts
I forgot to mention the orange wire is illumination .Mine is not hooked up but all the lights in the radio work correctly

Also... if you want to get that big bass sound ( only if your boss radio has a RCA sub outlet ) Install an after market mono amp in the trunk with a 10 or 12 inch woofer .I installed a push button just below the hazard switch spliced into the remote wire to turn the BASS off because some don`t like that thump thump thump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts