Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock amp in a 2002 Eclipse Spyder, and purchased my Metra 70-7003 harness. I am trying to install a Tview D75TSB (just a budget upgrade, I'd love to upgrade even further later on when money isn't as tight). Here are so pictures of my setup:

I don't think the picture is that great and I couldn't do any better so I will explain my setup:

Red on Metra to Red on HU, Yellow on Metra to yellow on HU, I have all the blue wires (amp wire from DIN to amp wire on my HU, and then the power antenna to that as well) connected to the red wires. I attached this piece to my ground as shown here"

Now the reason I am showing my ground is because I had a bigger ground wire on there to extend it so I had more grounding options. I tried to hook up the stereo prior to posting this but the radio wouldn't even turn on. I am wondering if that is why I was having issues, or if I just had a bad ground. I tried grounding at the metal bracket that holds the stereo in that little cubby. I was also curious as to if anyone knew the best place to ground a stereo like this. Pictures are always appreciated. :)

Above is the back of my HU with the RCA's plugged in. I'm not too worried about them because I can play around with those until I get them right I'm assuming. I just need power to my radio. This will be my first install and I thought I did all the research but I am no expert. I know taping isn't the best either but I am not worried about it. I did search up a ton of threads about this, but need some reassurance and personal advice to my situation. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
lit up
4,334 Posts
some units need to be manually turned on the first time, as they ship 'off'... otherwise, it seems like all your connections are in order.

as far as the ground-- pretty much anywhere behind the radio that is metal will work-- it's all grounded... i ended up using the bolt that holds the sensor tucked way behind the radio for my ground, though i also used the radio bracket screws as well.. either worked fine..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen your advice around here and was hoping you'd reply here. :p Thanks for the reassurance and advice. I'm being hit with this New Jersey snow at the moment and will try this again tomorrow. I appreciate the quick reply!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went out to give it another try and I think I found the issue... I went to hook it up to the car battery to see if it would even turn on and it didn't. I guess it's an issue with the radio. Now that I'm searching for another radio, which would you guys recommend? I would love a touch screen but my main preference is bluetooth. I know Kenwood makes some great products, but I would like to stay under 300.

·
"S" Car...Gooooooo
1,350 Posts
^^ Agreed. I am currently running two different Clarion units (NX-602, 702) in two cars, but I have run several Pioneer AVIC units in the past. I've personally used an AVIC-D2, 90BT, Z110, Z120, and Z140. I've been nothing but pleased with all of them. But they are on the higher side price-wise.

·
31,367 Posts
:agreed: You get what you pay for with pretty much everything... even good car stereo units.

·
Boom
3,411 Posts
I was on a budget for my last head unit and ended up going with this JVC KW-R900BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com. It fit's in your price range and is great for expandability later on. Considering the price range you get a lot of good features with it like bluetooth, usb inputs, hands free calling and 3 sets of 5v pre outs.

I was actually kind of skeptical buying it because it's a JVC but I've been running it about 10 months and though it may not be the coolest looking thing out there it gets the job done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the replies. I'm glad it seems to be as straight forward between price and quality, because I've seen 30 dollar units with USB and some touch screens and others with a ton of sound manipulation features for four digits.

As for the JVC unit, I will bookmark that one. I've dealt with their units in the past and wasn't disappointed. Thanks for that link.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts