Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the leds for my gauges, hvac, clock from superbrightleds.com which i will be installing once they come. :yum:

But I've seen some pics of people who have leds in their air conditioning vents.

I searched and searched to figure out how they installed these, but couldn't find it. :mecry2:

http://www.club3g.com/forum/show-shine/104082-led-singles.html
^^^Thats the best thing i found, but it doesn't show specifics, like exactly which lights i want(blue)
So, does anyone feel like showing or directing me to a site that shows led installation in air vents?

thanks

645 Posts
this is really easy, i have LED in all my air vents just make a hole under the air vent duct and inser the LED that set man, you can get the power from sterio or cluster, i got my LED in autozone come in packeges of 3 5mm there all colors

·
657 Posts
I actually did this to my car, and am getting ready to switch the color I originally installed. I'll try and post some pics as soon as I can. Ohh yeah, you don't have to make holes in your vents at all.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chad,
I remember seeing some posts about this before. I believe some people just tape the led to the inside.

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
Do I smell fuses burning in the future? Just make sure you guys wire resistors to them! If buy them pre-costume made make sure they come with the resistors wired into them. I remember when I installed a E-Manage for one of our local members he had the LED lights installed all over the car. The hole LEDs and wiring where causing shorts because it was not installed properly.

LEDs work just like a transistor just that they stay in a closed condition type of form. They do not provide resistance to the flow of current which is like when you touch positive with negative directly into each other. So you need to use a resistor with the LEDs which can be easy found at RadioShack. If you guys post what kind of LED you guys are going to get I can go ahead and give you a good resistor ohm to use for them. They are cheap and I can even give you a potentiometer ohm you can get so you can control how bright the LEDs get (which should be pretty cool to show off that you guys did that)

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Are you wanting to know about using a plain old raw LED or about the LED halos?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do I smell fuses burning in the future? Just make sure you guys wire resistors to them! If buy them pre-costume made make sure they come with the resistors wired into them. I remember when I installed a E-Manage for one of our local members he had the LED lights installed all over the car. The hole LEDs and wiring where causing shorts because it was not installed properly.

LEDs work just like a transistor just that they stay in a closed condition type of form. They do not provide resistance to the flow of current which is like when you touch positive with negative directly into each other. So you need to use a resistor with the LEDs which can be easy found at RadioShack. If you guys post what kind of LED you guys are going to get I can go ahead and give you a good resistor ohm to use for them. They are cheap and I can even give you a potentiometer ohm you can get so you can control how bright the LEDs get (which should be pretty cool to show off that you guys did that)

I will check mine out, and then i will let you know, thanks for the help.

Chad

·
Registered
317 Posts

I am using 12 volt LED's, but i am running a positive and negative wire directly from the battery, so i still need resostors? and how would you hook up a potentiometer?

Chad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts