Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any idea what triggers this?

I can be sitting in my porch staring at the car... and for no reason...

BEEP BEEP BEEP.. the factory alarm goes off.... whats going on? a short?

Its not a thief or anyone trying to open the car.

Now sometimes the alarm wont even arm.. i take out the batt. locl the car and the green key wont come on, that rarely happens.

I do lock it well.. any tips? Am I doomed to just buy an aftermarket alarm?

·
Aging Noob
1,266 Posts
I am having the same Prob. A few months ago I took out a fence and ever since the alarm has had a mind of its own. Is there any way to set the sensitivity? Parking on the curb or on the slight angle of a driveway makes it go off even more. Please help!

Even if I lock the doors by hand the alarm still sets itself and goes off at all times of the night. The only way I can get it to stop is leave it unlocked or disconnect the battery.

·
not so fast..
158 Posts
Same here, But my alarm is a viper alarm and I have the remote start on it and late night I hear my car starting by itself and sometimes it doesn't even lock or unlock. I've noticed it only happens when the weather is really cold, IMO. Now that it's getting warmer it doesn't happen any more. :dunno:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here, But my alarm is a viper alarm and I have the remote start on it and late night I hear my car starting by itself and sometimes it doesn't even lock or unlock. I've noticed it only happens when the weather is really cold, IMO. Now that it's getting warmer it doesn't happen any more. :dunno:

woah thats really crazy.. car starting on its own LOL

·
Registered
305 Posts
more then likely there is a short somewhere. i would check the wiring that you can source out for the alarm and make sure everything is still good visually and feels secure.
once you do that and if everything checks out.... start wil the ground cables on the actual siren etc hopefull you can find your problem there, perhaps without a good contact it is triggering itself when you are on an angle and the cable can ground itself better. aside from that you will have to either get it checked out or find the problem using a multimeter...unfortunately if its not something simple electrical problems are a real PITA and be aware if you take it somewhere it will probrobly get pricey

·
From the Internet
2,303 Posts
Mine is a micro alarm systems one and it does this sometimes. Since it wasn't installed by me (it was in the car when I bought it), I have no idea on where to check for wires and such. I did find the sensitivity turn switch thing, along with the button to program a new fob, but after that? Nothing. The wires disappear into my dash, and without taking that bitch off, I'm not gonna find anything to check for a short or something. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same Prob. A few months ago I took out a fence and ever since the alarm has had a mind of its own. Is there any way to set the sensitivity? Parking on the curb or on the slight angle of a driveway makes it go off even more. Please help!

Even if I lock the doors by hand the alarm still sets itself and goes off at all times of the night. The only way I can get it to stop is leave it unlocked or disconnect the battery.
Did you ever figure this out. My daughter drove through a fence and now it does as yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts