Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and searched but I still don't find the answer I need...

Here are the stats:

2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS
Only one key copy (which appears to be the Master key)
No keyless remote
Assumed --> Heavy water damage to alarm deactivating components (door keyhole?)
Bought the car used (only received one copy)...

Problem:

My car alarm goes off when opening both the driver side door and the trunk (note: no passenger side keyhole)...

I understand that the key should deactivate the alarm but it does not... The f-king alarm activates again when I open the door (WITH the car on)...

Before this I used to open the trunk then the driver door but now nothing deactivates it...

How can I manually turn off the alarm from sounding at all... And... If... Thats not possible then at least deactivate the deafening horn (I know I'll still have the flashing lights)...

Its annoying that the car completly ignores the key (i turn it twice to either side and nothing, i turn on the car and alarm still wont shut off, i put it in all the gears and the alarm stills wont go off...

Any feedback is gladly welcome...

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Open your hood, on the drivers side of the bay by the fender about half way up you'll see a little black sensor. Thats the hood up sensor, unplugging it prevents the system from going off. As these cars age I see more issues with the security system than anything else, I unplug the hood sensor all the time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Open your hood, on the drivers side of the bay by the fender about half way up you'll see a little black sensor. Thats the hood up sensor, unplugging it prevents the system from going off. As these cars age I see more issues with the security system than anything else, I unplug the hood sensor all the time.
Thanks for your input, I will try it later on today and let you know the results... But before I go and start looking willy nilly at the general area, and before it bites me in the nose if I can't find it, is there a picture of the sensor (or the thing I have to unplug)??
I've had the car for less than a year, still have a lot to learn...

And again, thanks for taking the time to response...

·
lit up
4,334 Posts
it's the only thing under the hood with a plunger-type cover that would move down when the hood touches it

here: IGNORE THE 'HERE' MARK, I STOLE THIS PIC FROM SOMEWHERE.

right hand side of the car, follow the prop rod up, look for the big black square fuse box. just between that and the strut tower is the sensor. if you push on the top, it'll plunge down. that's the sensor you need to disconnect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's the only thing under the hood with a plunger-type cover that would move down when the hood touches it

here: IGNORE THE 'HERE' MARK, I STOLE THIS PIC FROM SOMEWHERE.

right hand side of the car, follow the prop rod up, look for the big black square fuse box. just between that and the strut tower is the sensor. if you push on the top, it'll plunge down. that's the sensor you need to disconnect.

Thanks... I disconected it but the alarm is still being an a-hole...

I think my only fix is to go to an alarm and electronics experts because the car system (door keyhole) completely ignores the key...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts