Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I should be installing my alarm/remote start here shortly (hopefully sometime this week). I'm just trying to get the rest of the wiring figured out before I start splicing and am looking for some ideas. I have 3 negative 200mA programmable outputs (1 second to 2 minute duration) that I can use and would like some suggestions on what to use them for.

I want to use one of them for the rear window defroster, which will be a piece of cake to wire up. As for the other two, I'm thinking about using them for the HVAC system as well. I could use one to control the blower motor (I'd just have it energize the highest setting), but would have to use a relay since the circuit is postive-controlled...then for the other one, I could "turn on" the A/C switch, which wouldn't require a relay. Basically, if I went this route I could use the 2nd output to turn on the fan after the engine is warm if it's cold out (to engage the heater), or I could engage both the 2nd & 3rd outputs to have the A/C blast out the vents...obviously, I'd have to have the temp & vent location selector set where I'd want them before hand, but that's not a problem. The nice thing is, I'd be able to get into a hot or cold car depending on the weather, and if necessary have all the windows defrosted before I get in the car.

Does anyone have any other ideas though?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turn on the head/tail lights. wouldnt want the AC or heat on while the car is in warmup.
Well, since I have HID lights, I wouldn't want the lights to cycle on and off (the outputs only have a max on time of 2 minutes).

By having them on separate outputs, I'd be able to start the car up and then wait a few minutes before I turned on the heat to allow the engine to get up to operating temperature...it wouldn't really matter with the A/C though, the key there is that it wouldn't be engaged while the engine is actually starting...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts