Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I just searched for about an hour and a half looking to see if anyone had this problem and I could not find anything. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Heres the problem, when I first went to get my car aligned, they couldn't align the rear because they said the bolts would not loosen or something like that. So this Christmas break, I am putting on KYB AGX's with Tein S-Techs and I was wondering if the Ingalls camber alignment I bought will fix that problem and make the rear so it can be aligned. Also, without the drop, my back tires toe in, so will the camber kit fix that too? (It has an adjustment of +- 1 degree)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Toe is a separate adjustment that is adjusted by a camcentric bolt where the middle control arm bolts to the subframe.

As for the rear camber, you can use the Ingalls camber kit to make the correction in the back (it will add adjustability to what Mitsubishi says is a non-adjustable rear)...or, you could just do the homemade kit and save the money, but it looks like you already bought it.

I just put the AGX/S-Techs on my car and can tell you that the bolts shouldn't be that hard to take off (I used basic hand tools)...one thing that will make it easier to either put the Ingalls kit in, or do the homemade kit, is to leave the shock off the lower mount while you install it...that way the suspension doesn't have any load on it...it took me maybe 5-10 minutes to do the second side...and I didn't have to take the wishbone out either...

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Yep, what he said.

Toe is adjustable in the rear, the alignment shop can do it, most people have no means to do it themselves. Camber is not adjustable in the rear when the car is stock, but there are a few ways to get around it, that kit being one of them. You should be able to install it when you swap out the other parts, and drive it to the shop and they take it from there.

(And if they say they can't do it, go somewhere else)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks. Sorry about saying toe, I get them mixed up. I just didn't want to get all of it put on and take it to a shop and have them tell me that they can't do the alignment on the rear. Anyways, thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts