Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Only 10 more days until the Cookout. We are up to 165 signups: All Mitsu Cookout sign-up list

It is not too late to get signed up and come join us for an afternoon of Mitsu fun. The All Mitsu Cookout is coming up on Sunday, the 26th. We'll have some great prizes, plenty of food, and some fun stuff like the Mitsu trivia contest, and the slow drags.

Here are some reminders:

1) Sign-up online. The page is at:
Subscribe to our Newsletters

2) Fill out your car sign ahead of time. It saves a lot of time in the registration line. Download the sign at:
http://www.mn3s.org/car-sign.doc

And my example sign can be found here:
http://www.mn3s.org/car-sign-curt.doc

3) Bring some lawn chairs for hanging out and bring your appetite! We'll have plenty of food.

Also, if you are just coming to spectate, there is a separate spectator lot on the back side of the school. So don't turn at the stop light at the school. Go past that and take your next right and go behind the school. The lot behind the school is for spectators. The front lot is for participants. Here is a map of the school:
http://mn3s.org/cookout-map.jpg

We will also be doing the slow drags again. It’s going for about 50 feet as slow as possible, without stopping. We'll have a trophy for the winner. It is a lot of fun.

See ya soon,
Curt

·
Registered
954 Posts
It is possible to attend without registering before-hand, right? I only say this because I'm still waiting on a buddy to see if he can tag along. I do plan to attend. However, the 3g did not get fixed :(. Oh well, I suppose I can still add to the category!

·
Registered
361 Posts
It is possible to attend without registering before-hand, right? I only say this because I'm still waiting on a buddy to see if he can tag along. I do plan to attend. However, the 3g did not get fixed :(. Oh well, I suppose I can still add to the category!
You can still come even if you don't register ahead of time. You can register at the show. But if you do figure out ahead of time that you are coming, just take the time to register. We have 10 to 20 cars that show up without registering ahead of time. No biggie.

later,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
The All Mitsu Cookout is almost here. Its this Sunday from 11am to 4pm. We are up to 178 sign ups now. That is fantastic! We may get the school parking lot kind of full, so make a special effort to park in between the lines. We may need every spot in the lot.

Of course you can still sign up. The sign up page is at:
Subscribe to our Newsletters

We will have a lot of prizes to give away too. We'll be randomly giving prizes away as you register at the registration tent. A big thanks to our sponsors for bringing a lot of prizes. Make sure to visit their webpages:

Modern Automotive Performance: Modern Automotive Performance - Redefining fast.
Midwest Turbo Connection: Midwest Turbo Connection, Turbo Rebuilding, Upgrading, and Parts
White Bear Mitsubishi: White Bear Mitsubishi Suzuki | New Mitsubishi, Suzuki dealership in White Bear Lake, MN 55110

On top of the sponsor prizes, Advance Auto Parts and Corporate Mitsubishi donated prizes!

So between all the food, great prizes, great cars, the Mitsu trivia contest, and the slow drags, it will be a fun afternoon!

See ya soon,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey everyone,

Only four more days! The sign ups have surged to 190. The current list is at:
All Mitsu Cookout sign-up list

The parking lot at the school only has 230 parking spots, so we are going to need to be careful when parking. Don't take up two spots, and try to get yourself centered into your parking spot. If everyone does there part, we should be okay.

I never thought I'd see the day that we'd be in trouble with filling up the middle school parking lot. Its a great problem to have!

later,
Curt

·
The Ghost
717 Posts
I can't believe there are 15 3G's signed up! (Stratus coupes included)

And to think just 2 years ago, Collin was the only 3G there besides the one that stayed for maybe an hour.

Just when it seemed the 4G's were coming together, we double their attendance ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just want to outdo the 4gs. 2gs will always be a classic in the 90s tuner era so I agree with Justin, they are just in a higher demand.

·
Blown...
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
I believe this is the largest 3G turnout for the cookout so far. Nearly 200 sign ups, man this place is going to be packed. Might have to move it over to the High School next year if the number keep going up Curt!!!!!! :ndance:

·
Blown...
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
I still have a big grin on my face from how awesome this show was. Not as big as Jamie's, but up there :)

Curt gave us a challenge, show up or be considered an "Other", and the 3G community came together for an awesome turn out. Got some great photos at the end there. Great job getting the slow drags and long distance trophy added to the list as well.

I hope to see the same and more next year. This keeps getting better and better!!!!!

·
The Irishman Sheamus
687 Posts
I still have a big grin on my face from how awesome this show was. Not as big as Jamie's, but up there :)

Curt gave us a challenge, show up or be considered an "Other", and the 3G community came together for an awesome turn out. Got some great photos at the end there. Great job getting the slow drags and long distance trophy added to the list as well.

I hope to see the same and more next year. This keeps getting better and better!!!!!

Bringing it home with a 3:06 in the drag! :lol:

141 - 160 of 179 Posts