Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Plans are underway for the 2008 All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show. This year's event will be happening on Sunday, August 24th, at the Rogers Middle School, in Rogers, MN. The event will run from 11am to 4pm. Last year's event featured 166 Mitsus. I'm sure we'll beat that mark this year. All the details about the All Mitsu Cookout can be found at: http://cookout.mn3s.org

If you are planning on coming, take a minute and fill out the sign up form at:
http://mn3s.org/lists/?p=subscribe&id=5

Hope to see you there,
Curt

·
Xenon Powered
1,049 Posts
If you don't have your car, I sure hope your still going to come and hang out with us atleast. Still thinking FJ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah I'll probably still go to the show, whether I have my car still or not. I'm not completely set on what car I’m going to get. I'm either going to go the route of brand new car (FJ, Xterra), and stick with one car. Or buy a little older (05-07) car, and buy another car for a project. I'll probably go the later because I think I'll go insane without some sort of performance car. It will be fun too, because my second car will be either a mopar muscle car (dart, demon, duster), that were going to swap in a big block. Or a Datsun 240z, which I'm going to either swap and build up a 280z engine for, or swap in a RB25DET. We'll see. Either I think will make me more then happy. :hspin:

·
Xenon Powered
1,049 Posts
Awesome. Sounds like your going to have your hands full. remember, before you sell that strat were going to do a motor swap! ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey everyone,

The All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show is fast approaching. I’m excited to announce that the All Mitsu Cookout is turning into the All Mitsu Weekend. We will be having a full weekend of events for Mitsu owners. All right here in Rogers, MN. On Saturday, August 23rd, we’ll be having a Dyno Challenge at DB Performance. After that we’ll have a car cruise to a drive-in restaurant. Then on Sunday will be the All Mitsu Cookout.

I’ll still working on some of the details like a hotel and some eating spots. But here is the tentative schedule:
http://mn3s.org/cookout-schedule.html

Also new this year will be t-shirts. I’ve had a lot of people request them over the years. So here they come. I have the design created. Big thanks to Traci for creating it. Here is a preview:
http://www.mn3s.org/cookout-tshirt.jpg

I still haven’t finalized the pricing for the Cookout, t-shirts and the Dyno Challenge. So keep watching for more details on that. I have updated the main Cookout page with most of the details I know. Check it out at:
http://cookout.mn3s.org

And to sign up for the All Mitsu Cookout, the sign up page is at:
http://mn3s.org/lists/?p=subscribe&id=5

Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey curt, when did you last update the sign up list? im not on there, and i know i signed up. just curious :D
I always put the lastest date on that page. I updated it on 6/25. I'll probably update it tomorrow again. The sign ups have surged to 75 today with the new info.

later,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey everyone,

I've got the official hotel set up. It will be the Hampton Inn, in Rogers. There phone number is 763-425-0044. We have a group rate of $74 a night for single king bed rooms. We have a block of ten rooms set aside for us. When you call, mention "the car show in Rogers", to get the discounted rate. There regular rate is $109. This is very nice hotel and its brand new. They do have some suites with king beds and a pull out coach. They are available for a discount rate of $119, but they are not part of our block of rooms. So if you need more room, you can get these too. If you have any issue getting the discounted rate, try and talk to Lindsay. She is the group sales manager. Book your room early. We can only hold these rooms until August 8th. If you have any troubles booking your room, let me know.

Also, if you'd like to dyno at the Dyno Challenge, at DB Performance, it will be $60 for three pulls. Send me an e-mail at [email protected] In the e-mail include your full name, car year, make and model. You can pay at the event, but I'd like to get a list going on who is going to dyno. Don't be shy. We should be able to do 15-20 cars on that Saturday.

I've updated the sign up list. We have 95 people signed up for the Cookout so far:
All Mitsu Cookout sign-up list

I've also made some updates on the All Mitsu Weekend webpage. So take a quick read through:
All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show

I'm still working on pricing for the Cookout itself and for the t-shirts. Stay tuned for that.

Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey everyone,

We've got a good list for the Dyno Challenge so far. Here is the list:

1. Matt Gesch -- 91 3000GT VR4
2. Mike Willis -- 92 Stealth R/T TT
3. Brandon Halonen -- 91 Talon TSI AWD
4. Mike Standaert -- 03 EVO 8
5. Meng Lor -- 96 Eclipse GST
6. Josh Kajer -- 93 3000GT VR4
7. Mike Austing -- 94 3000GT VR4
8. Steve Hagen -- 92 Stealth R/T TT
9. Dan Graul -- 92 Stealth R/T TT
10. Dustin Felix -- 03 EVO 8

If you'd like to dyno, its $60 for three pulls. Send me an e-mail at: [email protected] We can probably do 15-20 cars for sure. After that, its up to Shane on how much his crew can handle over at DB. We'll have a reserve list too. So sign up if you want to dyno.

As far as the Cookout list. We are up to 103 sign ups. Keep them coming!

later,
Curt

·
Blown...
198 Posts
Well I just signed up so I'm finally going to make it this year.

I usuallly see a few nice Mitsu's around the Chippewa Valley area. I'll do my best to hand out flyers and get some more people coming.

·
Lower & Slower
272 Posts
Put my car on that dyno list!

2002 dodge stratus 4G64 slowmatic. LOL

I might be up for a dyno if I can get my headers on by then, If you have room.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The dyno at DB Performance is a Dyno Dynamics brand. It does read slightly lower than a Mustang dyno.

later,
Curt
my roomate would like to maybe get in on that but he is not a mitsu he runs an m3 if he is still interested would that be ok with you guys?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts