Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Curt which lot are we getting at white bear? Or perhaps the question really is what is the capacity of the parking area we get?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Curt which lot are we getting at white bear? Or perhaps the question really is what is the capacity of the parking area we get?
We will be using the front lot and around the building. The dealer cars in the front lot will be squished into the back lot. It will be a tight fit, but I think it will work.

later,
Curt

·
Registered
171 Posts
Loling cause theres 16 3g's registered for this year according to the website. 3g shootout! :lol: Hopefully the turnout is better than last year. I'm excited!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Loling cause theres 16 3g's registered for this year according to the website. 3g shootout! :lol: Hopefully the turnout is better than last year. I'm excited!
Yes, it should be another good turn out for 3Gs. This class was almost dead a few years ago. Now it seems like EVOs are the only class that is bigger.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey everyone,

We are up to 87 cars signed up. Here is the breakdown of some of the cars:

15 3/Ses
18 DSMs
15 EVOs
17 3Gs
5 4Gs
6 StarQuests

Next week I'll be finalizing categories. The 3/Ses and 4G Eclipses are looking pretty weak this year. Time to get you Mitsu buddies to sign up!

Also, because of the lack of sponsors, I'm going to be forced to charge at least $6 this year. I haven't finalized this price yet, but its looking very likely.

later,
Curt

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Curt, if paying even 10 bucks turned anyone away, i would be surprised. You put together a hell of an event and should not be ashamed to have to ask for more out of those who attend. Theres no reason the one who puts so much time and effort into this should lose money.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Curt, if paying even 10 bucks turned anyone away, i would be surprised. You put together a hell of an event and should not be ashamed to have to ask for more out of those who attend. Theres no reason the one who puts so much time and effort into this should lose money.
I think "most" people would pay $10, but I've been doing this kind of stuff for a very long time. Some people are pretty tight. And the difference between $5 and $10 would be their breaking point. I know that sounds kind of dumb, but its true.

That being said, I think $6 is going to cover things, but I need to analyze the budget a little more before finalizing things. If I charged $10 a person to be in the show or eat, I'd be making way too much.

Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
You're too kind. Either way I'm paying $10. May the cookout live onward.

Only thing I'm worried about is getting a place to park.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I've been looking at the sign up numbers. We have 106 so far. Here are some of the numbers by category:

1g 3/S 7
2g 3/S 11
1g DSM 6
2g DSM 16
3G Eclipse 17
4G Eclipse 6
Conquest/Starion 8
Evo 1-9 12
EVO X and Ralliart 12

I think we'll keep all of these categories, plus the "other", category this year. But with the low numbers for 1g 3/S, 1g DSM and 4G Eclipse, we'll just give a 1st place trophy for those three categories. Nine years ago, we could easily get 40-50 3/Ses and 40-50 DSMs at the Cookout. Times have changed!

later,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Here are the finalized categories for the car show:

90-94 DSM
95-99 DSM
00-05 Eclipse/Stratus coupe
06-12 Eclipse
91-93 3/S
94-99 3/S
Evo I to IX
Evo X and 09+ Ralliarts
Starion/Conquest
Other Mitsu
The "Gene Helms" Cleanest Car Overall

They are the same categories as last year. But this year the 90-94 DSM, 91-93 3/S and the 06-12 Eclipse categories will just have a first place trophy. Of course the Cleanest Car Overall just has first. The other categories will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies. Also there is a Long Distance trophy. We will not be doing slow drags this year do to the tight space.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts