Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey everyone,

The planning for the 2010 All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show is underway. This year's event will be happening on Saturday, August 28th, 2010. The event runs from 11am to 4pm. We have our two main sponsors back, Brookdale Mitsubishi and Modern Automotive Performance.

Once again we will have this huge event at the Rogers Middle School in Rogers, MN. We will have a lot of great prizes and some awesome food. This is one of the largest Mitsu events in the country. Last year we had over 150 Mitsus on display. You don't want to miss it!

Complete details and the sign up page can be found at All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show

later,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey everyone,

Plans are coming along nicely. We've got the permit secured for the school on August 28th. There are 22 people signed up so far. The link to sign up is at: Subscribe to our Newsletters

And to see who is signed up already, go to: All Mitsu Cookout sign-up list

later,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey everyone,

We have 36 people signed up so far. The current list is at: All Mitsu Cookout sign-up list

Also, we have the official hotel lined up. We'll be using the Hampton Inn, in Rogers again. The rooms are $74 a night. That is over 25% off there regular price. This is a really nice hotel. More details on the Hampton Inn are on the Cookout page at: All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show

Thanks,
Curt

·
The Ghost
717 Posts
I think I'll take this day off and actually come this year.
Are you bringing the Eclipse? I'd be interested to see how it's come along.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just updated our sign up list. We are up to 49 so far. Keep the sign ups coming!

Also remember you can prepay if you have Paypal. Its $5 to register your car and it includes all you can eat. And its $5 for any additional guest that is going to eat. You can send your paypal to [email protected]

I've also got a flyer out there that you can print off and help spread the word about the Cookout. The flyer is at: http://www.mn3s.org/cookout-flyer.doc

Only about six more weeks until the All Mitsu Cookout!

later,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey everyone,

As of today, we only have 57 people signed up. The current list is at: All Mitsu Cookout sign-up list

Last year we had a huge rush of people who signed up last minute. It makes it difficult to figure out the show categories, and food, if I can't get a good guess at the number of people we are going to have. I need to make some of those decisions in the next couple of weeks. So please get signed up if you are coming.

Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yikes, I'd really like to go again after having such a good time last year. Too bad its on the 28th though since I start classes the week before and I'm not bringing my car to school.. If I get my car fixed maybe I'll find a way :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey everyone,

I've been busy getting supplies and food for the Cookout. Only a month away now!

For any "out-of-towners" looking for a hotel room, you should get your room booked at the Hampton Inn, in Rogers. Its a super nice hotel and they are giving us a great rate. The hotel is less than a mile from the Cookout. Also, for the out-of-towners, we'll be having a bonfire at my house after the All Mitsu Cookout, probably around 7pm. So you can really make it a full day of Mitsu fun.

I'd also like to thank our two main sponsors, Modern Automotive Performance and Brookdale Mitsubishi. Their support of this event is the reason it is only $5. So consider getting your Mitsu parts from one of these great businesses.

Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey everyone,

Looks like we have 77 people signed up now. The current list is at:
All Mitsu Cookout sign-up list

This year we've got something new and exciting. We are going to do online voting. Most people have smart-phones these days. You'll be able to go to a website and enter a code and all your car selections right there. I'm in the process of testing this new function. And don't worry, if you don't have a smart-phone, or have problems, someone at the registration desk can help you. This will really help speed up the vote tally process and should prevent us from running late as I scramble to enter in all the data.

I'll hopefully be finalizing the categories next week. So get registered and make sure all your friends get registered!

Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man!!! i wish i could go there.... i'm from WA it'll take like 23 hours of driving to MN.. :( daaammnnn...
LOL. That might be a little far. I drive all over the place, but Washington to Minnesota would be pushing it for a one day event plus some extras.

Maybe you should just move here. :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey everyone,

The Cookout is only 2.5 weeks away now. Looks like we are up to 89 sign ups.

I've finalized the categories for the show. New this year will be a category for the Evo Xs. We don't have any unused rows left in the parking lot, but there should be plenty of room in the row across from the other Evos, towards the end of that row. Here are the categories:

Best 90-94 DSM
Best 95-99 DSM
Best 00-05 Eclipse/Stratus coupe
Best 91-93 3/S
Best 94-99 3/S
Best Evo I to IX
Best Evo X
Best Galant
Best Other Mitsu
The "Gene Helms" Cleanest Car Overall

Also, our block of rooms at the Hampton Inn go away on August 16th. So any out-of-towners looking for a room, book it now! We will also have a bonfire at my house after the Cookout around 7pm. So any out-of-towners or other people that want to extend a day of Mitsu fun, can join in. I live about a mile away from where the Cookout is located at.

Thanks,
Curt

·
Super Trooper =b
351 Posts
how do we confirm? count me in i just called it off work and i should be outta school early enough to make the drive

1 - 20 of 35 Posts