Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Plans are underway for the 2009 All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show. This year's event will be happening on Sunday, August 23rd, at the Rogers Middle School in Rogers, MN. The show will run from 11am to 4pm.

Some of the details are still being worked on, but I have the updated information at: All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show

To sign up for the 2009 All Mitsu Cookout, go to: Subscribe to our Newsletters

Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
28 Posts
Awesome. Made it last year and will definitely be back. Even ran into one of the evo guys that was there in my town. Will we be doing the other stuff like the same hotel and the dyno challenge/ drive in... etc

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. Made it last year and will definitely be back. Even ran into one of the evo guys that was there in my town. Will we be doing the other stuff like the same hotel and the dyno challenge/ drive in... etc
We will not be having a dyno challenge this year. But we will have a couple of things going on that Saturday night before the Cookout. Probably going out to eat and a bonfire for the out-of-towners. I'll set up a hotel discount. So if you are coming from a good distance away, its still worth the trip.

later,
Curt

·
Registered
227 Posts
i couldn't make it last year. got married, but i plan on it this year...plus, i'll show off my new brembo set-up...and hopefully to finally have that front bumper painted...brakes are a little more important then the looks as of now...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was out of town last year but made most or all before that, and planning on making it this year. Always a good time.
i couldn't make it last year. got married, but i plan on it this year...plus, i'll show off my new brembo set-up...and hopefully to finally have that front bumper painted...brakes are a little more important then the looks as of now...
Glad you guys can both make it this year. The 3g category will be well represented.

later,
Curt

·
Xenon Powered
1,049 Posts
Sucks I'll never be able to participate in this show again. I'm sure I'll be there looking around though. It's a good time.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I dont know if I am going to bring my car this year or not I am not so happy with all the shit that has happened to it this last year... although the c.f. hood does not look to bad.. I wish that I could afford to get it painted before hand.. oh well hopefully the turn out will be the same or better than last year

·
Hell's pineapple
210 Posts
Sucks I'll never be able to participate in this show again. I'm sure I'll be there looking around though. It's a good time.

GOOD!!!! i might have a chance to get a fukin trophy now.....lol

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont know if I am going to bring my car this year or not I am not so happy with all the shit that has happened to it this last year... although the c.f. hood does not look to bad.. I wish that I could afford to get it painted before hand.. oh well hopefully the turn out will be the same or better than last year
You have to bring your car. Not every car that is there is "show quality." Everyone just brings there car as-is. Trust me, there will be way worse cars then yours there. Its fun to see some of the really beat up ones.

later,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey everyone,

I've got some updates for the All Mitsu Cookout. We have two main sponsors so far. Brookdale Mitsubishi and Modern Automotive Performance are both main sponsors this year. MAP is new this year as a sponsor. They are a very fast growing performance shop hear in the Twin Cities. I've made some updates to the Cookout page including links to our sponsors:
All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show

Looks like we have 42 people signed up for the All Mitsu Cookout so far. The current list is at:
All Mitsu Cookout sign-up list

I'll try and update the list about once a week. Make sure to let all your other Mitsu friends know about the Cookout so we can make this event grow. Putting the banner in your signature and just mentioning the Cookout on other message boards can go a long way.

Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey everyone,

Things are coming along for the Cookout. We have 57 people signed up so far:
All Mitsu Cookout sign-up list

I'm hoping to keep the cost of the Cookout to $5 a person. Since food prices have dropped a little and we have some good sponsors so far, this should be possible. If there are any other businesses out there who would like to sponsor the All Mitsu Cookout, send me a message.

Also, for anyone coming from out of town, we will be having a dinner and bonfire the night before the Cookout. So Saturday, August 22nd, we'll have dinner around 6pm and then a bonfire around 8pm. Then obviously the Cookout will be on Sunday from 11am to 4pm.

Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just signed up!!! Hopefully, I will have my 19's sold, and the 20's Im looking at purchased and installed... Couldn't make it last year due to family reunion, but I am NOT missing it this year.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey Curt, What about a Hotel??? I am planning on coming out on Saturday, so lemme know what U find out...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Curt, What about a Hotel??? I am planning on coming out on Saturday, so lemme know what U find out...
I'll get a hotel discount set up soon. I'll be contacting a couple of them this week. I've just been kind of lazy about it. Hopefully by next week I'll get something locked down.

Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey everyone,

I have an official hotel set up for this year for the people coming long distances. We will be using the Hampton Inn, in Rogers. This is a really nice hotel and we have a fantastic rate. We have a block of 10 rooms set aside for us. Some are 2 queen beds and some are one king bed. They are only $74 a night. But you must book your room by August 10th to get this rate. So for all you out of towners, don’t wait! There number is 763-425-0044. Just mention the “car show group” when booking. Even if you are planning on coming, but not 100% sure, book your room at this great rate. You can cancel anytime up until 6pm on August 22nd. I’ve also put this info on the Cookout page at:
All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show

Also, I really need some help from you guys on advertising. Our sign up numbers are way down this year at only 62. I have a flyer put together at:
http://mn3s.org/cookout-flyer.doc

It would be very helpful to print off some flyers and keep them in your car. Or if you have a business that sees a lot of car nuts, set some flyers out. Or even passing them out at car events would be a big help. I would hate to see the All Mitsu Cookout die, and I’m sure a lot of you feel the same. So lets not let it happen.

Thanks,
Curt

1 - 20 of 53 Posts