Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Ontario,Canada and winter is coming soon. I currently drive an 03 eclipse gt with sport fuzion z tires. I can't keep these sport tires on the car when it starts snowing and/or wen the roads get icy. I definately need either brand new all season tires or new winter tires. My beef is whether to just get all season or spend more and get winter tires. I use to have a 2000 focus sedan and it ran on brand new all season tires and it did good in the winter, but now since this a different car im not sure how it will do with all season tires. any advice guys?:)

·
My Opinion Matters!
1,017 Posts
Get the Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread. You spend a few extra dollars, but you get an very good tire.
They definitely moved up from their aqua tread design....

IMO get a good set of all season. Check out tirerack for reviews. I personally run Toyo Proxes 4 all year round in Chicago. It's a sport tire but I'm thinking about switching to Toyo Versado which are a "luxury" tire.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
I run summer tires on my new wheels, Blizzak's on my OE wheels. I love the combo - I change them over myself, barely takes 30 minutes including putting air in them, and I know the tire shop won't gouge a wheel, overtighten the lug nuts, etc.

I went with the Blizzak's at the time because the car was my only means of transportation, and I wanted to be as certain as possible that I could get wherever I needed to go. Missing a day of work because it was too crappy out, or paying an insurance deductible because I couldnt' stop before I hit something, etc. were all much worse than the $100 or so extra for the dedicated winter tires.

Besides, since they won't be on the car for too long each year, you'll have them for many years. You'll average only a little extra cost each and every year for the better tires. To me that was worth it. Suck it up at the beginning to buy them, and enjoy the benefits for many years.

·
Titanium Spork
9,044 Posts
i am with tracerbullet on this one. i have always had winter wheels, and summer wheels. usually the stock wheels get winter, and the nice ones get the summer wheels. that way you have the best tire for the weather. and they seem to last forever, too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
neways so updates on this guys.....i picked up a set of Toyo Observer G02 winter tires with 17 inch steelies a few weeks ago. My stock wheels are currently in storage. These Toyo's are amazing and I would definately recommend them. Neways admins, this thread can be closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.