Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would an amp like this power my speakers and a set of 12"s?

amp

or just my speakers?

And would the 360 watts provided be enough to get a good quality and loud sound out of it while powering the speakers and subs?

:ugh2:

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
that wouldnt be enough for a sub.
what speakers and sub do you plan on getting?

btw you dont look at max power, you go by rms power, which for that amp the most you can get it 100 at 2 ohms. but if you wired your speakers at 2 ohms it would put 50 watts to them.

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, ok idk. lemme see if i got this right.

So I want something that when hooked up to 4 speakers would reach the speakers own rms right? so if the speakers rms were 100 I want an amp like this amp?

Anyway I will be replacing all my speakers with alpine speakers soon enough (something like this maybe speakers), and would like to put 2 10"s maybe 2 12's in the back. So I now know I need that second amp for the speakers right? So are you saying I'm probably going to need a second amp for the subs??

·
n00b hater
5,255 Posts
Depending how many subs you are looking to install, you understand correctly like Buck said. Those 12's are 250 RMS for one. If you run 2 subs like that, that is a combined total of 500 watts RMS. So, in essence you want an amp that delivers 500 watts RMS, mono is the best considering if you wire the subs parallel to each other. I would suggest a Class D mono amp that matches fairly close to the subs TOTAL RMS. I would never run subs on a 4 channel amp though. It's not like you can't but I wouldn't recommend it. Have one amp strictly for your subs and the F250 for your components/door speakers. That's the amp I have as well and performs very nicely.

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kk, Awesome.

+1 e-rep!

Anyways, I just talked to a freind of mine who gets Alpine stuff "cheap" and I can get the stuff dirt cheap :]

So I'll probably be upgrading to get bigger subs, amps and better speakers than the above listed :]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts