Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I've made "Which camera should I buy" threads before, but I simply can't take it anymore.

I just need some recommendations on a cheap point and shoot camera. I doesn't even need to be able to take good macro shots. I need something that will take nice clear images from 2+ feet away. I have gotten into selling jet ski parts, ect... and I need decent pictures of them when I make a sale thread.

I don't really want (Can't afford) to spend over 150, unless it's a steal on a nicer camera.

I hate stooping this low (Buying a cheaper cam.) When I got another camera, I was planning on it being a pretty good one. I bought a Sony H2 a while back, but it simply wasn't worth the money so I returned it. :(

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
I'll recommend the same as another thread for a camera this price range: Canon A570 IS. My girlfriend and I are getting her parents one for xmas, it's a really nice camera for very little (~$150 shipped on Amazon).

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! That one looks good for 150.

Are you a fan of the cheaper Nikon coolpix?

L10 or L11?

I've found them both for around a hundred bucks, which seems to be alright for what I need.

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
As much of a Nikon fan as I am, their P&S cameras suck for the most part. Canon makes much better ones.

I've heard the L11 is okay, but fairly slow.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:wub:

I will give it though. I will be ordering something around the 15th, so that it will go on next months CC billing cycle :eek:

The main thing I am saying is, 150 is pretty much my limit, but I don't need to spend 150 unless I absolutely have to. :happysad:

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would anyone consider trading me a Point and shoot that is decent, for a 5g, Ipod classic in white, in great shape? It's the 80GB Video model. :happysad:

to da' mods: Just throwing it out there :lol:

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Cool! That one looks good for 150.

Are you a fan of the cheaper Nikon coolpix?

L10 or L11?

I've found them both for around a hundred bucks, which seems to be alright for what I need.
Every picture I've posted on the site I've taken with my Nikon Coolpix P/S. It's by far the best value purchase camera I've ever owned. There are of course limitations on what yo ucan do, but.. for general purpose, I think its an amazing value.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As much of a Nikon fan as I am, their P&S cameras suck for the most part. Canon makes much better ones.

I've heard the L11 is okay, but fairly slow.
Hey Jason, when you say "Fairly slow" what exactly do you mean?

AAAAND

I also have a 3g Ipod Photo, that has 20gb in white. :idea: It's probably worth 100-120 bucks or so. It's got some scratches, but I use it more then the video. I'm afraid to get the video pod all scratched up. :eek: but we don't need to talk of anymore trading in here (Not the right place), pm me if you can think of a decent trade.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Every picture I've posted on the site I've taken with my Nikon Coolpix P/S. It's by far the best value purchase camera I've ever owned. There are of course limitations on what yo ucan do, but.. for general purpose, I think its an amazing value.
That's good to hear. What model are you using? I've used one before and from what I remember it was pretty good. I don't remember the model exactly, but for 100 bucks, I'd say it was damn nice.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
edit: damn double posting noobs :noplease:

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
That's good to hear. What model are you using? I've used one before and from what I remember it was pretty good. I don't remember the model exactly, but for 100 bucks, I'd say it was damn nice.
I'll check the camera when I get home and let you know, I can't remember off the top of my head.

Edit - Looking at photos, I think I have the L10 or L11. It was a XMAS gift back in 2005. Anyhow, the only drawback I have is the lag in focus occassionally and the recovery time after flash. If you can get over that, the photos come out FANTASTIC.

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
Beach camera is just fine. I might pick that up myself - my secret santa recipient has a digicam on their list, and the limit is $100. Close enough.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hope they still have this going on the 15th! :lol:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts