Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a '00 eclipse gt, and i just installed my aftermarket stereo, that works great. But i cant listen to the radio. If i plug my phone into it, and listen via bluetooth, it works. When i turn the car on, i hear alternator whine. Also feedback issues with the radio. I have tried everything by trying to ground the rca cables to the stereo housing. Im kinda lost now. Do you think that my battery negative terminal could be the issue. The first ground coming off of the battery is pretty beat up, and corroded, but i cant find anything that says a bad battery ground can cause this problem. Possibly amp?

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
699 Posts
Can you be more specific ... what stereo are you installing ... how did you connect it to your amp. First.... lets get that bad ground wire replaced .. Clean up your battery terminals .
Believe it or not it could be your spark plug wires . The more info we have about your install the easier it is to help you..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok it’s a cheap double din. Stereo. Only really got it, for the carplay and all the neat features. I installed it in my old eclipse, and it worked fine after installation no problems. I’m using the same harness and everything. The amp is connected to the amp harness. Still the factory amp in the car as well. I’ll start by replacing that ground wire. I’ll also get a new battery, bc the one i have in there now is dying.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I assume you are using this harness ... Metra 70-7003 Receiver Wiring Harness
You say ... The amp is connected to the amp harness. Still the factory amp in the car as well. ...
I don`t quite understand what you mean ...
Yes that’s the exact harness i’m using. I haven’t got to getting a new battery negative wire, really busy at work, but i’ll keep the thread updated when i get the chance to do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts