Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting an Audiobahn AW1206T 12" sub and im really confused about the kind of amp to get. The sub pushes 1100 rms at 4ohms. So i was wondering if i have to get an amp that pushes the same rms and the same amount ohms. Or can i get something smaller and just get less power out of the sub? since an amp that size costs alot. thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya im not an expert on this. So it gets 1100rms at 2 ohms which means it will hit harder but has alot less range then at 8 ohms. am i right?

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
ya im not an expert on this. So it gets 1100rms at 2 ohms which means it will hit harder but has alot less range then at 8 ohms. am i right?
it would be the same at 8 ohms, but i don't think there are any amps that put out 1000 watts @ 8ohms.
most amps usually put out max power at either 1 or 2 ohms and then the watts decrease as the impedance(ohms) increases.
i.e. [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
so, if you bought an amp that put out [email protected], you are buying an amp that is rated much higher at lower impedance and will be much more expensive.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
That one would work.
I would go with a mono amp, which means it only has one channel. That should be a category you can choose on ebay just for them.
The one you linked is a 2channel, which is fine because it puts out the correct wattage.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright so the mono would be like 1 X 1100 rms at 2 ohms that would be the right thing to get. ya sorry i feel like a dumbass. but also what size capacitor would u get with this

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i dont know that much so theres no chance of me doing that ill just hook up the amp and get a 1 farad capacitor and since im only running 1 sub ill probally be fine. The only thing im worried about is my 3rd pulley down that is connected to my alternator is squealing alot. this could be a prob especially when the sub is hooked up

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
well i dont know that much so theres no chance of me doing that ill just hook up the amp and get a 1 farad capacitor and since im only running 1 sub ill probally be fine. The only thing im worried about is my 3rd pulley down that is connected to my alternator is squealing alot. this could be a prob especially when the sub is hooked up
I doubt that issue will relate to your audio setup. Post that up in the problem reports section and someone will help you out with that.
Again, I recommend the "Big 3", which we can also help you out with, but if you have your mind set on the cap, then go for it. The Big 3 is rather simple. I know whatcha mean tho. When I first looked at it, I was worried it would be difficult as well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya it seems like itd be cheaper and everything but id rather just get the cap for like 60 and it all be over. and not have to worry about getting shocked =p

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
Yeah since Audiobahn crap is all over rated, you will be ok with that combination. And yes doing the big 3 is WAY cheaper than buying a cRapacitor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts