Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Directed D600 amp with a Directed 15 inch sub, my amp is getting power, the light comes on, but the sub wont hit. I hooked the sub up in my friends car thinking it was the sub that was messed up and it worked just fine. I also went bought a new amp because they told me the out puts on the amp could be blown. I connected the new amp and it still wont push the sub. What could the problem be? Could the RCA wires be bad or somthing? i just dont understand how the amp is getting power but the sub wont work.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the remote wire is connected. how can i check that? i think i am going to try to switch the RCA's tomorrow. thanks for the advice

·
Registered
264 Posts
get a voltmeter and test the voltage the remote wire is putting out..

wait.. if the light is on dont that mean the amp is on? If that is so than the remote wire is working because that is what signals the amp to turn on.. correct?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i think so! im just going to switch out the RCA's today and if that dont work, I guess ill just try a new head unit.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i switched the RCA's and it still didnt work. So i went up to sterio 1 and they did the whole checking everything. it turns out that the amp i bought was a bad amp too. so i went up there and exchanged it and it works fine now. thanks for the advice though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts