Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if i can get help with this on here, but here goes

I have an mtx 2301 amp hooked up in my car, the power,ground and remote wire are all working as the should. The amp turns on and lights up with the bass frequency, but no sound is being put out to my subs. Rca cables were good when it was tested on another system, and nothing inside the amp was burnt.
Any ideas ??

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Did you individually check if each wire is working correctly? Did you actually test the amp on a completely different system that works as well?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the bypass module, and no the amp wasn't tested on another system but the rca's were at future shop the guy told me. And yes i checked the power and remote... i know those work as well because the amp turns on and off with the car and changes colours with the base, but theres no warning light ont he leds from the amp... im lost lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sry i dont have my cell right now i left the charger at a buddies

Infinity 5 changer deck, factory amp which is why i needed the by pass, its hooked up to rockford sub... and my amp is mtx 2301 mono only wired to subwoofer

·
Hammer Time!
18,119 Posts
Plug an iPod or something directly into the amp and see if you get sound. You may need to purchase or procure a 1/8-to-RCA cable to do this. This will isolate te problem...if it works, you know the amp is good, and there is likely a problem with your signal or signal wiring. If it doesn't work, time to get the amp and/or sub tested.

·
Registered
51 Posts
you need the tetra cable if you don't already have one.
tetra is a fish. metra is the adapter.
What's your setup? stock? With infinity? Aftermarket head? If so did you see if the sub channel needs to be turned on thru the menus?

I just went thru installing my system with some weird issues. Let me know a bit more detail on the setup and maybe I can assist.

·
Registered
62 Posts
sounds like the problem is the rca cables or the deck. if you test it in a buddies vehicle and it works then something in your vehicle is wrong. does your deck have a front and rear outputs? also do you have an eq or anything else hooked up?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
tetra is a fish. metra is the adapter.
What's your setup? stock? With infinity? Aftermarket head? If so did you see if the sub channel needs to be turned on thru the menus?

I just went thru installing my system with some weird issues. Let me know a bit more detail on the setup and maybe I can assist.
:fawk:

·
Registered
166 Posts
sounds like you need to check your connection terminals for the speaker wire maybe something is off by a hair and not tightened or your sub wiring is shot. Find a friend with a system and use his working rca's and stuff see if you can get it running that way. this will tell you if its your equipment or setup. trying your wires in another car is wasted use, what your looking for is the one little thing you might have over looked unwire and rewire everything step for step. I once missed a single screw it wasn't tightened all the way spent 4hrs and finally realized it when I rewired my system

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey so i plugged rcas from another head unit into my amp and had the amp and sub still installed in my car, it didn't work but not sure if that was the right way to test it
I have also used a volt meter and there's no power output to the speaker wire terminals.... I think more than likely my amp if fuked
I dont see how my bypass module that hooks up the rca from my stock amp would't work if the speakers in my car are working fine. Should i be able to get a power source from the rca's as well or just the speaker wire terminal
Thanks for all you help

·
Hammer Time!
18,119 Posts
Plug an iPod or something directly into the amp and see if you get sound. You may need to purchase or procure a 1/8-to-RCA cable to do this. This will isolate te problem...if it works, you know the amp is good, and there is likely a problem with your signal or signal wiring. If it doesn't work, time to get the amp and/or sub tested.
DO THIS.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i don't have a volt meter, just a simple power tester but i have seen the sub work off the system at a audio shop....
I will buy the rca adapter and try my brothers ipod in it when i can get out to the store

·
Registered
791 Posts
Ha that's the same one I got yesterday for free with a coupon from them. Not as good as my Fluke, but it fits great in the Eclipse's spare tire well :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts