Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one for you. I go out and get in my car today, and its VERY slow to turn over...

Well a few hours later im setting here and i hear someones stereo and im like WTF... well I go outside and my radio is playing, but my keys are in my hand. So i figured maybe something was just screwed up so I started the car, shut it off.

Its still doing it, but the clockpod is flashing and the radio plays like a second, then stops a second, then plays a second, then stops a second. Right now im in the process of looking at the ignition to see if maybe some wires got crossed but I'm not seeing anything.

I disconnected the power from the ignition switch, and it still does it, so I don't think that is the problem. I can't tell where any wires are grounding out either. I also thought it might be the switch thing that when you shut the car off the radio plays till you open the door but when i open it the window wont go up and down any more.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved:) My headunit did not come with a 12v output for my amp so I hooked the remote wire up to it, and it shorted out somewhere under the carpet(probably rubbing somewhere) when I unhooked it from the radio BAM no more problem

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
Knowing that an aftermarket audio system
had been installed would have been helpful
in the beginning.
:hmm:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell me about it :D

The 12v remote wire was hooked to the red power wire for the radio, so when radio is on, amp is on... where i joined two wires to make them, one small strand of the metal came out and was grounding out under the back seat. Talk about annoying

1 - 6 of 6 Posts