Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem: Occasionally while driving my antilock light comes on and if it's at night my headlights and interior lights get very bright. Sometimes it's for less than a second. Sometimes it's a few seconds. yesterday it was about 30 seconds. smelled a little wire burnage. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

Recent events: Had P0155 code. installed new universal O2 sensor. Then got P0154 code. Stupid me swapped ground and signal wires when installing sensor. Fixed wires and all codes are gone.
Idiot lights came on and Car died. Lights were dim. Got new battery but only lasted 30 miles. Replaced altenator, recharged battery. Idiot lights are out now but cold idle is very rough and above problem. ECU has had a few weeks to relearn.

Wheel sensors? ABS-ECU? Help!!!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
There's a reason I took the time to put the thread that's linked below together...at this point we don't know what year your car is, what engine or transmission you have, etc. Read the link and try following it as closely as you can to update your post...considering that early 3gs had different wiring than later 3gs, and wiring between the submodels/transmissions, etc. is different, it's kind of hard to advise you on where to look for things...

http://www.club3g.com/forum/problem-reports/104059-read-before-posting-any-problem-reports.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked all connectors, Battery is 13.5 v, all fuses ok.
Checked ABS-ECU DTC. got 16 - too little or too much voltage.
Checked Alternator output. Started at 13v then jumped to 18+v. Antilock light was on. First time its done it while ilding. Removed alt and am bringing it back to NAPA to have it checked.

Sorry about the improper etiquette.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
18+v is was too high...if the alternator checks out good for some reason, then something in the circuit is not right...besides the O2 sensor, has any other wiring been done to the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turned out to be the altenator. Only 2 months old. Replaced it on saturday and the problem seems to have gone away. Got in the car monday morning and after 20min driving got Misfire code (P0301) and Manifold pressure differential sensor code (P1400). Fixed the man. press. sensor problem - (Broken wire at sensor connector B04) The Misfire will have to wait until this weekend. Have to remove the Intake plenum. Is this difficult?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts