75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm keeping my eye on this car...

~1992 Toyota Tercel (manual trans)
:noway: one bad cylinder:scratch:
bad clutch
:yesway: new seats& brakes

Seller wants $599

So anyone have experience with Toyota's around the early 90's.... preferably a Tercel (or Paseo, same thing basically)

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Great cars. Reliable motors with cheap cost of parts. If I could find one at a reasonable price, I would strike. The only common issue I am aware of is oil consumption. On my replacement motor, I had the block cleaned and I installed new piston rings upon assembly which eliminated that problem. Ran like a champ. Constant 30-35 mpg highway in my '94 4 door... before the wife totalled it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I offered the guy 300, he wouldn't take it... he hasn't sold it since Christmas time. It's beat up....painted over rust, engine block may need replacement, clutch will, tires are bad... 300 seems fair right?

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Eh, offer him $400 and call it a day if he doesn't bite. He's gotta accept the fact that people want to buy running cars, not projects.

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts
my boss has a 92 trecel, its still going. no A/C, not sure about power steering.

it burns a little smoke, but the fact that its paid off, and still gets 30+ miles to the gallon, its awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts