Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ancient
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ordered a cruise control for my RS from The Cruise Control Store.

I've never done a cruise control before but I doubt it'd be too difficult. I'm sure most people here have factory cruise but if you don't then let me know if you'd be interested in seeing a write-up.

The total cost with shipping was $214.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I'd be interested in it...I've been thinking of getting all the components to add the factory setup, but that isn't a bad price...I wonder if you might be able to use that kit, but control it with the Mitsu switches for a factory look...:scratch:

·
Ancient
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They say the unit is a factory unit. Take a look at the photo of the control switch.

·
Registered
225 Posts
They say the unit is a factory unit. Take a look at the photo of the control switch.

well my eclipse has cruise control and thats not what the cruise control switch looks like. It doesnt have that green led thing and it doesnt have the button on the top or bottom of the unit... but i would be interested in seeing an installation documentation of it

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Any way you can take pics of all the parts?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It will be here sometime next week so I'll take photos when it arrives.
Cool...I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out...:bigthumb:

·
Ancient
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOOT!

I did the install today. It was pretty easy, the only time consuming part was getting the wire loop around the T-bar connector on the throttle pulley. There isn't enough room where the T-bar connector goes in the pulley to get the wire loop around it.

I pulled out the intake and battery to get more room to work and after a while dicking around with it I decided to dremel the T-bar connector to make it smaller so the wire loop would fit around it properly.

I attached the cruise control's cable to the throttle cable just behind where it mounts. To keep the cruise control cable in the pulley's track I used a zip tie through the bead connector that connects the wire loop to the cruise control cable and around the factory throttle cable.

I mounted the cruise control unit just in front of the passenger strut tower and ran the wires and cruise control cable around with the factory throttle cable. There's a bracket under the unit that holds it in place.

I mounted the stalk just under the turn signal lever. I can't see it while driving unless the wheel is turned but you don't need to see it to use it.

There were only a few wire connections that needed to be made.

1. Ground
2. Accessory - They suggest going to the fuse box with a cheater connector, I chose to solder it to the accessory wire in the ignition harness.
3. Positive and Negative connections at the brake pedal.
4. Tach wire - White wire, middle connector behind instrument cluster.
5. VSS wire - White/Blue wire, middle connector behind instrument cluster.

The cruise control has 12 programming dip switches which are accessible from it's mounting condition. All were set by The Cruise Control Store for my car except the Automatic/Manual Transmission selection.

After getting the car buttoned back up I took it for a ride and it worked flawlessly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts