Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a shop or possibly a mechanic who can install a clutch. In the Galloway / columbus or hillard area. Really just need a mechanic for labor will be buying the clutch in a few weeks hopefully. Thanks for any help. Ps sorry if this is not the right place to post or if im cluttering this up.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Talk to kevin he would maybe know. If not try your phonebook and call around for the best price. It shouldnt be more than 450 to get it installed and that would include resurfacing your flywheel.

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talk to kevin he would maybe know. If not try your phonebook and call around for the best price. It shouldnt be more than 450 to get it installed and that would include resurfacing your flywheel.
The place down the street from my job Auto emporium charges any where from 545-$585 I gotta call kevin back tommarrow.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The place down the street from my job Auto emporium charges any where from 545-$585 I gotta call kevin back tommarrow.
I dont know if its cause of hte area, but thats what I paid to get the clutch replaced on my wrx and thats alot more labor intensive then an eclipse. You gotta drop alot more shit just to get the trans out. Id call around.

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know if its cause of hte area, but thats what I paid to get the clutch replaced on my wrx and thats alot more labor intensive then an eclipse. You gotta drop alot more shit just to get the trans out. Id call around.
I will do that after next week a co worker gave me a number to her mechanic might get lucky and get a deal from him. But in the process of saving up for this Exedy oem replacement clutch for the time being. Might upgrade to a stage 1 this summer just need my car cant stand having to get ppl to drive me :(

·
Suby Slider
5,239 Posts
I HAVE to warn you because of what I just went through. You get what you pay for, first of all. If he isn't an experience Mitsu mechanic, don't trust him. Also, make sure you can bring your own part and they don't make you get what they want to put in.
Honestly, spend the extra $200 and get it done at Mitsubishi.
I just spent $500 to swap my tranny out, and ended paying another $300 at Mitsubishi to fix his mistakes.
Just my $.02.

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I HAVE to warn you because of what I just went through. You get what you pay for, first of all. If he isn't an experience Mitsu mechanic, don't trust him. Also, make sure you can bring your own part and they don't make you get what they want to put in.
Honestly, spend the extra $200 and get it done at Mitsubishi.
I just spent $500 to swap my tranny out, and ended paying another $300 at Mitsubishi to fix his mistakes.
Just my $.02.
I hear what your saying as far as getting my own clutch kit already found one for $185 the local shop told me the cheapest they could find was 500. Not sure where a mitsu dealership is out here. But the auto emporium auto repair told me they recently had a crap load of eclipses enter their shop so im hoping they know how to replace them lol.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Kai to answer your question, I do not know how to replace clutches in a car, and I can not back up my work on something like that. I would tell you to find a shop that can install it for a small fee.

·
Resident Asshole
6,056 Posts
In response to your vm I don't know many mechanics around here since I do most of my own work. I would just recommend contacting Dennis Mitsu or Roby Mitsu here in Columbus.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
got a mechanic who went to school for auto mechanics, he originally installed the turbo kit in my car without any real problems. so he has some decent experience with 3Gs. he said $400 if you have a location he can work on it at garaged/heated. and has shown to produce reliable work.

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got a mechanic who went to school for auto mechanics, he originally installed the turbo kit in my car without any real problems. so he has some decent experience with 3Gs. he said $400 if you have a location he can work on it at garaged/heated. and has shown to produce reliable work.
Hmm Only problem is I can't provide a garage nor a heated one my 3g sits outside in the drive way of my grand parents house. If he has a location I can tow it to my w2 form should be in next week from my last job plus the bulk of 3 pay checks Might go ahead and order a stage 1 I'm going to give you my number either you or him call me btwn the hours of 8am-8pm after that i'm most likely at work.

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KAI, if you still need the work done shoot me a message..my shop's 15min south of downtown off SR 23
Yeah i still need it done Just waiting on my w2 form so i can file my income tax. Then im stuck btwn the act stage 1 clutch and the fidanza stage 1 clutch .

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump just got tax papers this morning and will be filing them tommarrow at h&r for a rapid refund.

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just ordered a stage 1 fidanza clutch should be here within next week still need mechanic if push comes to shove i will save up and see if a mitsu dealer can do it.:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts