Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GF has a 2000 Eclipse GT with the V6/automatic combo. She's looking for a little extra power, and I'd just loveeee to spray a small shot of dry nitrous on the thing and then go Mustang GT hunting. :fawk2:

When do these things start breaking? I'm thinking a 50hp dry shot would wake it up for her. After the spray install, the motor would be tuned by a professional.

Is a 50 hit too much? At what level do these things start dying? I'm certainly not looking to pill it 'till we kill it, just looking for a little extra power without spending lots of dollars on a turbo/SC setup.

I'm in the process of putting a TNT 200 wet-shot on my Slomaro... it'd be nice to have a little gas in her car, as well. ;)

Any help is appreciated! :twothumb:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I sprayed a 55 shot for about a year with no problems. I sprayed an 85 shot for a few months without problems too, save one. Around the end of third gear, the fuel pump couldn't keep up. I had a Zex kit which cuts the Nitrous if the fuel pressure gets too low. I would have nitrous cutout at the middle to end of 3rd gear. Oh and I have a sporty, so it might be a little later in the gears on a 5 speed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
N2O

Im looking at putting a 50 shot of Nitrous on my 2000 GT :yesway: , with my boyfriends help of course, but I was wanting to make sure I get all the little saftey features to go with it too. What else is needed to make sure that everything stays running smooth and safe after the nitrous is installed?? Any help is much appreciated!

·
Never Too Much HP
903 Posts
I run a zex (please dont hate i already know) 75 wet shot. I have a MSD window switch, low pressure switch, bottle heater, bottle opener, and purge. she runs great. its a GTS motor in a R/T.

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
would a 2001 gt need to be tuned wiht a 55 shot?
Nitrous shots operate differently from other forms of FI. With a wet shot, the fuel solenoid appropriates the correct amount of fuel and injects it at the same time as the nitrous shot, thus having a perfect A/F ratio. Usually the book is pretty close on what jet combination to use.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
well im spraying a 75 shot in my gt and it takes it fine im planing on moving up to a 100 shot if you need any info let me know
When you need a new motor, make sure you contact me ok?

:wiggle:

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Who are you???
I know it's from nitrous, I took the pic.
It's not from nitrous is what I said, it's from stupid people. You obviously weren't correctly using the shot correctly. Either your A/f/timing was off, or you roasted your pistons running too hard a shot. It's this that gives nitrous the reputation it has, while when used correctly is a safe and great power adder

1 - 20 of 43 Posts